PowerShot SX280 HS, SX270 HS Firmware Update Version 220.127.116.11
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 is now available.
Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
1) Increases the duration of movie shooting by 20% in cases where the optical zoom is used compared to cameras running Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 or Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 through a reduction in the power consumption of the optical zoom.
* Time under default camera settings, when normal operations are performed, such as shooting, pausing, turning the camera on and off, and zooming (Based on conditions established by Canon).
• Under some shooting conditions, the recording time may be shorter than mentioned above.
• Recording time with a fully charged battery.
2) Resolved an issue with cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206, in which the low battery level warning is prematurely displayed while shooting in movie mode. With this new firmware version 220.127.116.11, the low battery level warning does not start flashing sooner than necessary.
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 is for cameras with firmware Version 22.214.171.124 or Version 126.96.36.199. If the camera's firmware is already Version 188.8.131.52, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Please note that, once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
How to Identify Cameras that are eligible for the Firmware Update:
Please check the serial number on the bottom of the camera.
This firmware update is for products with the following serial numbers.
Products whose sixth digit from the left is “2” or less
[*****2******] , [*****1******] , [*****0******]