As part of the Canon Business Services, Harbour IT is a market leader in cloud and managed services offerings for Australian organisations. We pride ourselves on being flexible and personable in creating specifically tailored solutions designed to help our customers achieve their business goals. We provide mid-market Australian businesses with world-class IT solutions that increase operational efficiencies and productivity, helping them to succeed in highly competitive environments.
Our partnerships extend to the world’s leading technology providers, and as part of the Canon group of companies, Harbour IT has access to global backing and complementary commercial services that enable us to help solve any business IT challenge. Dedicated to the future of Australian business, we will continue to invest in the three things that drive our success: our people, our technology and our customer relationships. Customer Service Excellence is the Core of our Business.
The Azure Platform SME will be part of the Cloud Centre of Excellence. The SME will be responsible for supporting our business with Azure On-Prem stack built on HP integrated hardware as well as the Azure Public service offering.
This will be a critical role within our wider cloud and network team, as they will help develop the products and features set that drives the services delivered by Harbour IT. You will be required to write and maintain as built (HLD) and LLD (low level design) documents. You will also be a consultant to the technical sales team in designing and delivering customer service solution across the wider infrastructure practice to provide IAAS.
- Contribute to the Cloud & Digital strategy in its architecture and design to support the future business direction, capability and adaptation of the cloud throughout the organisation.
- Provide expertise regarding Cloud Implementation for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure services.
- Provide expertise to the technical Sales engineers on best practice cloud architecture to design IAAS services for the customers, especially around azure cloud offerings.
- Drive CI/CD architecture principals around the cloud services delivery and operations including automation to provide a seamless service across the Azure service offerings.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for build, test, deployment of the applications and the setup of their computing platforms
- Driving continues improvement and lifecycle management across the azure service offering to drive delivery and operational maturity including driving self-healing target state.
- Implementing Monitor and report tools to help manage spending and cost for the infrastructure and services provided by Harbour IT to customers.
- Managing day to day operational escalations and vendor management for infrastructure incidents.
- Excellent working understanding of ITIL process to manage incident, change and Problem management.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years in enterprise infrastructure engineering with a minimum of 2 years of MS Azure infrastructure service implementation.
The ideal candidate will have solid understanding of security and governance requirements around running infrastructure in the Cloud, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
We want to see experience in setting up cloud enterprise infrastructure service platform is desirable, or at least working in enterprise environment to manage cloud as an infrastructure service is required. We want to see experience in setting up applications in cloud and understanding network and security requirements to design services according to requirements.
A strong understanding of Azure cloud infrastructure and stack of services for IT service delivery and infrastructure (VM, SQL, VNET, User defined routes, Azure Site Recovery, Traffic Manager, Azure Automation, Storage, ARM Templates, Azure Load balancer, API Gateway, Functions, Logic Apps, and Azure AD) is essential
Extensive knowledge about API designs and use to integrate services as well as a working understanding with CI/CD tools such as VSTS or equivalent
Experience in setting up cloud enterprise infrastructure service platform is desirable, or at least working in enterprise environment to manage cloud as an infrastructure service is required.
Flexibility to work after hours when and if required
At Harbour IT we can offer you a rewarding culture that values you, focuses on your career progression, and makes you an integral part of our success. To become part of our team please apply online now. Successful applicants will be notified of next steps. These opportunities are only open to those with full Australian Work Rights. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Harbour IT believes in the power of an inclusive and diverse workforce. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered regardless of sexuality, religion, colour, ethnicity, gender identity or parental status.