As part of the Canon Business Services, Harbour IT is a market leader in cloud and managed services offerings for Australian organisations. We pride ourselves on being flexible and personable in creating specifically tailored solutions designed to help our customers achieve their business goals. We provide mid-market Australian businesses with world-class IT solutions that increase operational efficiencies and productivity, helping them to succeed in highly competitive environments.
Our partnerships extend to the world’s leading technology providers, and as part of the Canon group of companies, Harbour IT has access to global backing and complementary commercial services that enable us to help solve any business IT challenge.
Dedicated to the future of Australian business, we will continue to invest in the three things that drive our success: our people, our technology and our customer relationships. Customer Service Excellence is the Core of our Business.
Harbour IT is one of the leading Managed Services Providers and due to continued success, we are now looking for an experience Business Development Manager to join the Sydney Team.
The role will be responsible for uncovering new business opportunities providing solutions and services across Networking, Cloud, Security, Software and Hardware, with a focus on growing our footprint in the market.
This is a field-based role, but you will be supported by an experience team including, cross functional support and lead generation.
You will have worked in a similar industry or a background in IT, technology or professional services for sales. You will have exceptional experience in identifying new business opportunities presenting to clients to identify their needs resulting in the delivery of exceptional service solution's.
You will be a sales person who can work autonomously and as part of a team or who when needed is comfortable leading out in front and can contribute as part of a team.
- To win new and strategic business opportunities from within Harbour IT's 'ideal' customer segment.
- Design, plan and execute sales strategies including campaigns and content across multiple channels
- Build and maintain accurate pipelines
- Help improve the brand awareness of the company
- Achievement of your Gross Profit sales target.
- Delivery of all presale's activities such as prospecting, presenting, quoting and proposals
- Organising and attending Face to face client meetings in support of Sales efforts
- Engaging internally to ensure the correct resource to facilitate pre-sales activities.
- Face to face supplier/partner meetings to facilitate leads and opportunities.
- Maintaining currency of the CRM customer database.
- Contributing to the Branch sales planning and forecasting processes.
- Facilitating vendor negotiations on behalf of the customer.
- Engaging and booking technical resources for customer requirements.
- Proven similar BDM experience selling IT solutions to mid-level organisations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage and build rapport
- Tenacious attitude toward towards progressing business
- Free thinking, troubleshooting problem solver
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven history of achievement in previous outcomes-focussed sales roles
- Experience in technology sales (Hardware/Software/Services) is desirable but not necessary
- A passion for technology is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management prioritise work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Driver's license and private transport
Harbour IT can offer you a rewarding culture that values you, focuses on your career progression, and makes you an integral part of our success.
Harbour IT is committed to the principles of the Anti-Discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS and Privacy Acts and amendments.