Canon is the world's leading imaging organisation that actively inspires with imaginative ideas that enable people to connect, communicate and achieve more than they thought possible.
The Canon Collective team build and grow a community of Canon advocates through experiences, consumer events, photographic challenges, encouraging participation and excitement for all things photography. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Canon Collective Team, and work across the North Australian region (Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Cairns and Darwin).
You will bring innovative ideas through your creative approach whilst managing concepts through to completion, ensuring you maximise engagement for the Canon Collective following.
As a Consumer Experience Manager, you will be expected to:
• Organise and manage a calendar of events including Canon Collective events, consumer events, photographic walks and experiential opportunities
• Build and develop a community of like-minded passionate photographers in your region
• Work with local field teams and assist with events in collaboration with existing business partners
• Coach, train and educate Collective Ambassadors in photography.
• Establish, build and negotiate with key stakeholders (i.e. photographic clubs, sporting clubs etc.) to hold regular Canon Collective events
• Explore and act on new business opportunities and execute these end to end
• Submit monthly reporting on performance, product and financial forecasts and assessment on promotional activities held.
• Prepare effective presentations concerning Canon, Canon product and Canon initiatives to create a community of Canon advocates.
• Manage all inventory in the local Collective team and participate in Canon Collective events nationally.
Now you're ready for your next big challenge, come equipped with:
• Valid Australian driver’s license
• Excellent photographic knowledge - literacy in all forms of cameras DSC, DSLR, DV
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are essential – an ability to work with a range of experience levels and ages
• Proven experience in organising and successfully executing events
• Previous experience in educating, coaching or training is highly desirable
• Ability to work in a highly autonomous environment, whilst being a team player
• Highly developed people, negotiation and sales skills
• Strong computer literacy – proficient in Microsoft Suite, Lightroom, PS and Social Media platforms
Please note, this role is not standard business hour and will include regular travel (interstate), evenings and weekend work. Working from home you will manage your time in order to meet event requirements.
Video application instructions:
To apply please send through an outline of your career history, and include a link to your video application. Video should be no more than 4 minutes.
In your video application please answer the following questions, your passion for photography and creativity is what will set you apart:
1. Tell us about yourself
2. What do you think you can bring to this role?
3. Pick a genre (street, landscape, fashion etc.) and imagine you have an audience you are coaching at beginner level. Coach us through your top 4 tips on how to get the best photograph.
Join us, and you'll be part of a company that actively inspires you to connect, communicate and achieve. That will take you on your merit and can offer exciting career opportunities and rewards. That can offer competitive remuneration and an incredible benefits package. That can only be Canon.
If this is the career you can own, then we want to meet you.
Applications close 26th of May.