• Most Canon digital cameras use Lithium Ion batteries as the power source. Some precautions of handling are required.
• Protect the battery from shock/impact damage. If the battery is damaged or deformed, refrain from using it and have it assessed by the manufacturer.
• Keep the battery away from water and other liquid as it may compromise the safety circuitry within the battery and cause corrosion.
• Do not charge or leave the battery near a heat source.
• Do not leave the battery in a high temperature environment such as inside a vehicle which is subjected to harsh environments.
• If the battery is deformed due to overheating, refrain from using it and have it assessed by the manufacturer.
• Keep the charging duration according to the time period recommend by the manufacturer.
• If your battery comes with a protective cap, do not throw it away. Place the protective cap on the battery when not in use and for transit purposes.
• Use the manufacturer’s recommended charger to charge the battery.
• Use only genuine Canon batteries for optimum performance and safety.
• Always check the precautions in the user manual of your product.
Canon Australia is proud to announce its position as the first official Imaging Partner of Sydney Zoo.
Canon Oceania is today opening submissions for its 2020 Grants Program. In response to the natural disasters and pandemic that have impacted Australians this year, Canon is revamping its Grants Program with a new category and increased cash donations to support the most vulnerable causes across the country.
Our approach is to continue to manage the situation in a safe, calm and measured way, and when required act swiftly and communicate clearly.
Canon Inc. announced today that the company’s interchangeable-lens digital cameras (digital SLR and mirrorless cameras) have maintained the No. 1 share of the global market for 17 consecutive years from 2003 to 2019.
Together with Canon Inc., Océ has announced that it is changing the trading name of its Océ businesses globally to Canon Production Printing, effective January 1, 2020.
With two days until Rugby World Cup 2019™ kicks off in Japan, as an official sponsor Canon is working behind the scenes to bring the event to life for fans, photographers, athletes and employees – whether on the ground in Japan or back home in Australia. Through a range of initiatives set to impact those on and off the field, the leading camera company is calling on all involved to “make the moment together”.