5. An Eligible Claimant may submit a ‘Claim’:
c. for a Trade-in Value, when it purchases an Eligible Model for its Regional location.
Trade-in and Cash Back Claim Process
6. To ‘Claim’ a Trade-in-Value or Cash Back, Eligible Participants must complete the requisite claim form on Canon’s website at www.canon.com.au/lfptradein including business name, ABN, valid email and postal addresses and installed Eligible Model serial number and competitor model details by 31 December 2019.
7. When Canon receives a Claim, it will check it complies with these Promotion terms and if so, Canon will pay the Trade-in Value or Cash Back by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (not cash) to the Eligible Participant’s nominated bank account within 60 days of the Promoter validating the Claim.
8. Eligible Claimants may submit multiple Claims but only 1 Claim is permitted for each new Eligible Model purchased and Eligible Claimants who purchase a ‘PRO’ series Eligible Model can only receive a Trade-in Value or Cash Back (not both).
9. The Eligible Claimant must provide its correct details. Delays and non-payment of Claims due to an Eligible Claimant providing incorrect details are their sole responsibility.
10. Canon will pay the cost of collecting a single Trade-in from Eligible Claimant’s Metropolitan locations and subsequent recycling per eligible Claim. TechCollect, Canon’s recycling partner will contact you to arrange collection if you are eligible.
11. Canon’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Canon may verify the validity of the Eligible Claimant’s details and Claims and disqualify any Eligible Claimant it reasonably believes has tampered with the entry process or the Promotion operation or has acted in violation of these Terms.
13. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is incapable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason, including technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Canon may, in its sole discretion and to the maximum extent permitted by law:
a. disqualify any Eligible Claimant; or
b. subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Promotion, as appropriate.
14. If an Eligible Claimant returns any of your new LFPs, Canon may reassess the Trade-in Value or Cash Back amount or refuse any Promotion claims (including any future Claims) or both.
15. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Canon’s discretion. Canon’s failure to enforce any of its rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
16. Canon uses a commercially reasonable level of skill and care in providing its website and running the Promotion. However, with any digitally-entered Claim, Canon cannot guarantee its website will be live or error free at all times during the Promotion Period so Eligible Claimants should leave ample time to submit its Claim.
18. Canon collects personal information to conduct and promote the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose that information to third parties, agents, contractors and service providers.
19. When an Eligible Claimant purchased its Eligible Model from a participating authorised Canon distributor or reseller, it agrees Canon may provide its business and Trade-In or Cash Back details to that participating authorised Canon distributor or reseller.
20. The Eligible Claimant warrants:
a. You own the Trade-in or has its owner’s authority to trade it in under this Promotion;
b. the Trade-in is free from any charges or encumbrances; and
c. You will indemnify Canon from any third party claim arising in connection with the Trade-in and its collection and disposal.
21. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Canon (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) whether direct. indirect, special or consequential for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Promotion including any:
a. technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Canon’s control);
b. theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. Claims that are late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after Canon receipts it) due to any reason beyond Canon’s reasonable control;
d. variation in Trade-in Value or Cash Back amount to that stated in these Terms; or
e. tax liability an Eligible Claimant incurs.
22. Canon recommends the Eligible Claimant contact their own accountant or taxation advisor for the purpose of this Promotion.
23. The Eligible Claimant is responsible for any bank transaction fees associated with the EFT payment of the Trade-In Value or Cash Back.
24. ‘Canon’ is Canon Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 66 005 002 951) of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113. Phone: 13 23 53.
25. ‘Metropolitan’ means a location in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra or Sydney.
26. ‘Regional’ means a location not defined as ‘Metropolitan.’
27. All references to currency are in Australian dollars and exclude GST.
28. If any part of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, it will be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
29. These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of its courts. END