TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Participating in this ‘2019 MFD Cash Back’ promotion (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these terms. Information explaining how to participate is part of these terms. Participation is invalid in conjunction with any other Canon offer.
2. This Promotion starts on 1 October 2019 and ends on 31 December 2019 (Promotion Period).
3. ‘Eligible Participants' are Australian businesses (with a valid ABN) that purchase an Eligible Model in the Promotion Period:
(a) from a Canon Business Agent to replace a non-Canon-branded multifunction device on the Promoter’s Agreement; or
(b) from a participating authorised Canon Business Information Solutions Partner on its Agreement,
and the Eligible Model is installed by 31 January 2020. It is not open to franchisees, new or existing tender business, educational institutions, government or national account customers or the Promoter’s resellers or distributors.
4. ‘Eligible Models’ are the new (not second hand or refurbished) multifunction device models and corresponding ‘Cash Back’ for each Eligible Model stated below:
Eligible Model Cash Back
iR-ADV C3520i $700
iR-ADV C3530i $700
iR-ADV C5535i $900
iR-ADV C5540i $900
iR-ADV C5550i $1,100
iR-ADV C5560i $1,300
iR-ADV C7565i $1,300
iR-ADV C7570i $1,500
iR-ADV C7580i $1,500
5. Each Eligible Participant may claim up to 5 Cash Back amounts for each Eligible Model it purchases where:
(a) the term of the Agreement is a maximum of 60 months;
(b) the Eligible Model must be installed by 31 January 2020;
(c) the Eligible Participant satisfies the Promoter’s credit checks; and
(d) the applicable parties correctly execute the Agreement for at least one of the Eligible Models in the Promotion Period.
6. The Cash Back value is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken as cash.
7. If the Eligible Participant returns any Eligible Model for any reason (except the Promoter’s default or replacement (under the Agreement) it agrees the Promoter may invoice it for the Cash Back amount and it must pay that amount to the Promoter within 30 days of the invoice date.
Cash Back Claim and Payment Process
8. To ‘Claim’ a Cash Back for the Current Promotion Period, Eligible Participants must complete the requisite claim form on the Promoter’s website at https://www.canon.com.au/mfdpromo including business name, ABN, valid email and postal addresses and installed Eligible Model details by 31 January 2020.
9. When the Promoter receives a Claim, it will check it complies with these Promotion terms and, if so, the Promoter will pay the Cash Back by EFT to the Eligible Participant’s nominated bank account within 14 days of the Promoter validating the Claim.
10. The Eligible Participant must provide its correct address and personal details to the Promoter and it is solely responsible for any delays and non-payment of Claims due to its providing incorrect details.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is incapable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason, including technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion and to the extent the law permits:
(a) disqualify any Eligible Participant: or
(b) subject to any regulatory authority’s written directions, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Promotion, as appropriate.
13. The Promoter may accept errors and omissions at its discretion and its failure to enforce any of its rights is not a waiver of those rights.
14. The Promoter uses a commercially reasonable level of skill and care in providing its website and running the Promotion. However, with any digitally-entered Claim, the Promoter cannot guarantee its website will be live or error free at all times during the Promotion so Eligible Participants should leave ample time to submit their Claim.
16. Eligible Participants may have legal rights, including consumer guarantees under Australian Consumer Law that may not be excluded or limited under law. Subject to this, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Promotion including any:
(a) technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) Claims that are late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after the Promoter receipts it) due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control;
(d) variation in Promotion value to that stated in these terms;
(e) tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(f) the Eligible Participant’s use of the Promotion.
17. The Promoter recommends the Eligible Participant contact their own accountant or tax advisor for the purpose of this Promotion.
18. The Eligible Participant is responsible for any bank transaction fees associated with the EFT payment of the Cash Back value.
19. All currency references are in Australian dollars and exclude GST.
20. These terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.
21. ‘Agreement’ means (as applicable):
(a) the Promoter’s standard terms; or
(b) the participating authorised Canon Business Information Solutions Partner’s standard terms.
22. The ‘Promoter’ is Canon Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 66 005 002 951) of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113. Phone: 13 23 53.