Designed for those wishing to get the best out of their DSLR, mirrorless or compact camera, this course will provide you with a solid foundation on the essentials of photography.
Join Canon Collective Ambassador Steve Huddy and take your first steps in learning to switch from automatic to manual controls. In this practical, small group workshop, you’ll discover how to use your camera buttons, dials, modes and capabilities to help you achieve more than you ever thought possible with your photography.
• Understanding camera buttons and menus
• Camera Modes - M, AV, TV and Auto
• Shutter speeds and apertures for creative control
• Exposure basics and metering
• Introduction to RAW
What to bring
• Your Camera, lens and SD card
• Notepad and pen
• This workshop is designed for beginners. No prior experience is necessary.
• Ready to dig a little deeper into the advanced features of your Canon camera? Check out these beginner’s tips pre-event to maximise your Collective experience.
• Parking is available outside of the Canon Adelaide office
COVID-safe event conditions:
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
• Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
• Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
• Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event
• Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.