Shooting landscapes is one of the most popular and enjoyable photography experiences and capturing the movement of the sea has been a favourite subject since the beginning of time. However a common question we’re asked is “How do I take the next step to achieve that brilliant shot?” Join the Canon Collective and record the natural landscape beauty at Howard Smith Wharves using a Haida Filter kit to enhance your photography. Comprising of a 6, 10 and 15 stop ND filter as well as a 3 stop ND Grad, this is your opportunity to capture stunning city seascapes like never before.
Run as a small group, this exclusive workshop will provide guests plenty of one on one time to fully understand how to photograph a range of long exposure landscape images using ND filters.
• How to use ND filters
• How to calculate long exposure times
• How to read the scene and select shutter speeds for the best effect
• When you would use a polarising filter
Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
- You will need a tripod, EOS camera & wide angle lens to complete this workshop
- Please bring your remote switch - let Greg know if you need to loan one.
- Download the app: LE (Long Exposure) Calculator installed on your smart phone, or equivalent.
- EOS R, RF 24-105mm f/4L, remote switch available only upon request.
- HAIDA Filter Kit will be provided including: stepping rings, filter holder, 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 15 stop ND and Soft ND Grad
Meeting at Felon's Lawn at the tables in front of the Shipwreck.
A general fitness level is required. We recommend closed toe shoes for walking. As this event takes place outdoors, please be mindful of your surroundings.
Share your images with us:
We'd love to see what you capture! Please share your images from this event by tagging @canoncollectiveofficial or #canoncollective
COVID-safe event conditions:
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
- Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
- Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
- Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
- Access to hand sanitiser during the event
- Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
- Who should not attend?
- Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
- Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.