Let Canon Collective Ambassador Steve Huddy help you advance your photography skills to a new level. Add the powerful element of movement to your landscape photography through the use of Haida Filters.
Our small group workshop will provide you the opportunity to get hands-on with neutral density, graduated and polarising filters to help you capture dramatic imagery like never before.
• How to calculate long exposure times
• How to read the scene and select shutter speeds for the best effect
• Improving your composition
• Learn how to capture long exposure panoramic images
What to bring
• Canon EOS camera & wide lens or borrow from the Canon Collective kit
• Sturdy tripod with tripod plate
• Remote switch (if you have one)
• We recommend that you have an intermediate level of experience to get the most from this workshop.
• Check out these long exposure tips before your event to maximise your Collective experience.
• Please have the APP: LE (Long Exposure) Calculator installed on your smart phone
• Canon Collective will provide you with the Haida Filter
• Limited Canon gear will be available for use during the workshop
• Bring water, sun cream, hat, walking shoes, etc.
• Moderate fitness level
• Parking available at venue
COVID-safe event conditions:
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
• Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
• Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
• Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event
• Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.