- Beginner Get To Know Your Camera Workshop – Sydney
Would you like to master your new camera without reading the instruction manual? This class will help you understand the fundamentals of using your camera, including exposure, aperture and shutter speeds, ISO, focus controls, flash, Raw, composition and more.
This class is perfect for those new to photography, or if you need a refresher on the photographic essentials! You’ll be learning in our purpose-built classrooms, in a friendly environment, designed to teach not lecture. On completion of this course you will understand:
• How your camera works
• Focus and focus lock
• Exposure and exposure lock
• Aperture and how it affects our images
• How to use the aperture priority setting
• Shutter speed and how it affects your images
• How to use the shutter priority setting
• ISO and how it is used in low light and sports photography
• When to use flash and how to avoid red-eye and other flash-related problems
• Working with light and dealing with problems you might encounter
• RAW files (introduction)
• UV and Polarising Filters
Please bring your Canon DSLR Camera (or borrow one of ours), memory cards etc. A Canon DSLR will be available to learn with if you do not have one.
Your Canon ambassador will collect you from reception. Limited onsite parking is available in front of the Canon building alternatively there are near by carparks.
A general fitness level is required. We recommend closed toe shoes for walking. As this event takes place outdoors, please be mindful of your surroundings.