Would you like to take your new camera without reading the instruction manual? This class will help you understand the fundamentals of using your camera, including exposure, aperture and shutter speeds, ISO, focus controls, flash, Raw, composition and more.
This class is perfect for those new to photography, or if you need a refresher on the photographic essentials! You’ll be learning in a friendly classroom environment, designed to teach not lecture. On completion of this course you will understand:
• How your camera works
• Focus and focus lock
• Exposure and exposure lock
• Aperture and how it affects our images
• How to use the aperture priority setting
• Shutter speed and how it affects your images
• How to use the shutter priority setting
• ISO and how it is used in low light and sports photography
• When to use flash and how to avoid red-eye and other flash-related problems
• Working with light and dealing with problems you might encounter
• RAW files (introduction)
• UV and Polarising Filters
Note: This event is part of the 2019 Canon Collective NSW Regional Festival, to see more festival events click here
Camera Settings and Basic Photography Skills
Parking is available.
General fitness required, grip sole with closed toe shoe recommended. Where the event takes place outside we can’t control the environment so please take care in your surroundings.