Students are invited to join the Canon Collective team for a fun & creative day of photography. The students will learn how to master a Canon DSLR camera, supplied by Canon! Participate in fun photography challenges and receive a free print of their favourite image. This class will help both the children and the adults understand the fundamentals of photography while enjoying a fun day out together. We do ask that all children under 13 are accompanied by an adult.
This class is perfect for those students new to photography, or if you need a refresher on the photographic essentials! You’ll be learning in a friendly classroom environment, designed to teach not lecture. On completion of this course you will understand:
• How your camera works
• Focus and focus lock
• Exposure and exposure lock
• Aperture and how it affects our images
• How to use the aperture priority setting
• Shutter speed and how it affects your images
• How to use the shutter priority setting
• ISO and how it is used in low light and sports photography
• When to use flash and how to avoid red-eye and other flash-related problems
• Working with light and dealing with problems you might encounter
Note: This event is part of the 2019 Canon Collective NSW Regional Festival, to see more festival events click here
Camera Settings and Basic Photography Skills
An SD memory card. All cameras will be provided.
Meeting at the Stables Room. Parking is available on site.
General fitness required, grip sole with closed toe shoe recommended. Where the event takes place outside we can’t control the environment so please take care in your surroundings.