Would you like to master your new camera without reading the instruction manual? This class will help you understand the fundamentals of using your camera, including exposure, aperture and shutter speeds, ISO, focus controls, Raw, composition and suitable for landscape photography.
This class is perfect for those new to photography, or if you need a refresher on the photographic essentials! You’ll be alongside fellow Collective members as we explore the variety of compositions at North Narrabeen Rockpool on Sydneys Northern Beaches.
On completion of this course you will understand:
• How your camera works
• Low Light Focus
• Balancing Manual Exposure
• Aperture and how it affects our images
• How to use the aperture priority setting
• Shutter speed and how it affects your images
• How to use the shutter priority setting
• ISO and how it is used in low light
• Working with the changing light and dealing with problems you might encounter
• RAW files (introduction)
• UV, ND, Grad and Polarising Filters
Tripod is a must, DSLR camera, wide lenses, ND and graduate filters, fully charged battery and memory card. A range of landscape lenses DSLR & Mirrorless cameras will be available on the day.
Meet at the car park for North Narrabeen rock pool. Parking available onsite.
A general fitness level is required. We recommend closed toe shoes for walking. As this event takes place outdoors, please be mindful of your surroundings.