Join the Canon Collective along with NT's leading bird and nature expert Luke Paterson from NT Bird Specialists for a private 3 hour cruise at Corroboree.
This 3 hour exclusive cruise on Corroboree takes place on a 2 storey boat which allows guests to experience the best of Northern Territory wilderness and nature areas with unbeatable views and access to expert guidance and Canon equipment.
Not only will you have expert guidance from Luke Paterson to help locate a vast variety of birds, Crocs and a variety of native species but you will also be joined by professional wildlife photographer Jay Collier from Canon Collective.
Each guest will have access to a complete range of Canons professional EOS cameras and L series telephoto lenses including the EF 100-400mm, EF 200-400mm, 300mm f2.8, 400mm f2.8, 400mm f4DO II, EF 500mm and EF 600mm lenses and 1.4x III and 2x III converters.
Each guest will have at least one long lens each at all times for the entire 3 hour cruise which will be rotated between all guests to allow you the change to experience the full range of Canon's high performance lenses for the FIRST TIME EVER IN NT.
During this workshop you will learn:
• How to locate different species local to the area
• Learn the different behaviors in different species to gain a better understanding of where and how to capture the best images
• How to set up your camera for successful nature photography
• Focus and exposure settings
• Back button focus for the ultimate control and response for nature photography
• How to use and control available light to master exposure
• Explore TV and Manual modes and better understand the use of exposure compensation and how to use it
• Long lens technique and critical settings
• Minimum and maximum shutter speeds and working in varying light conditions
• ISO selection and maintaining correct exposures
• How to use your histogram for perfect exposures every time in any light.
Note: This event is part of the 2019 Canon Collective NT Regional Festival, to see more Festival events click here
BYO Canon EOS camera and any lenses you wish to bring, memory cards, spare batteries and a monopod or tripod for long lenses. A complete range of Canon EOS cameras will be available to try such as the EOS 1DX Mark II, 5D Mark IV, 6D Mark II, 7D Mark II as well as the latest Canon EOS R and RP mirrorless cameras.
Meeting at Corroboree Billabong. Look out for the NT Bird Specialists car and trailer. Parking available onsite.
This event takes place outdoors in a wilderness. area that includes the risk of coming into contact with wild animals including crocodiles. All guests must follow all directions from your guides at all times Under no circumstances should you walk near the water or any areas an instructed during the briefing at the beginning of the workshop. All guests must be vary of their surroundings at all times. Please wear appropriate closed toed hiking shoes, long pants and long sleeves are recommended. There may also be mosquito's so you may wish to use repellent and any other precautions you may wish to take.