Presented by NT Bird Specialists, Canon Collective invites you to join the ultimate five day Kakadu Nature & Landscape Photography Expedition.
Visit the rare jewels of the Northern Territory's "Top End" and experience the thrill of photographing an extensive variety of wildlife and landscapes in some of the most pristine natural locations in the world.
The multi award winning NT Bird Specialists team have hand-selected locations for their abundance of wildlife and breathtaking scenery. Plus, you'll have private and exclusive access to Kakadu and surrounding Arnhemland with the ability to capture every detail of your incredible experience using some of the latest Canon cameras and lenses.
• Five days exceptional nature, landscape, astrophotography and wildlife photography in Kakadu and the Top End, Northern Territory.
• Each guest will have access to a vast selection of Canon’s latest cameras and lenses under the expert tuition and guidance of Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier (almost two decades of professional photographic experience specialising in wildlife photography).
• Exclusive touring with multi award-winning guide Luke Paterson of NT Bird Specialists (20 years experience in Kakadu and Northern Australia).
• Warm up with a private dawn birding photography cruise on a two-level houseboat at Corroboree Billabong.
• Stay at an exclusive aboriginal-owned safari camp accommodation in Kakadu’s northern reaches, home to Bunitj traditional owners. The camp allows us to have epic daily encounters with birds, wildlife, private rock art sites and 360 degree panoramic landscapes (and astro sessions for starscapes) of the Arnhemland escarpments and surrounding floodplain region.
• A private day trip into Arnhemland guided by Luke Paterson provides stunning and authentic insights into ancient living aboriginal cultures at the community art centre, private access rock art sites and timeless expanses of wilderness to photograph in the golden light.
• An aboriginal-owned cultural cruise along the freshwater reaches of the East Alligator River reveals traditional knowledge and stories from local kunwinjku-speaking aboriginal guides, Saltwater Crocodiles on mass and 1.8-billion- year old sandstone river country.
• Wildlife highlights include north Australian bird specialties (sandstone specialists, savannah woodland, wetland, vine forest specialists), saltwater crocodile feeding frenzies, frill-necked lizard and little red and black flying fox.
• Top off this incredible photographic journey during a privately chartered 3-hour bird and wildlife photography cruise on the infamous wetland of Yellow Water Billabong in the heart of Kakadu.
• Optional extra: Capture this epic world heritage site from above during an optional chartered aerial photography helicopter session over drying floodplains. (Not included in package. Please enquire when booking. Spaces limited).
For full details, itineraries and to book contact NT Bird Specialists:
This photography experience is run and managed by NT Bird Specialists with photographic equipment and support by Canon Collective.
Comprehensive travel insurance is compulsory. Proof of insurance will be required ahead of departure. Guests who arrive without proof of insurance will not be eligible to join the experience.
Pre and post tour accommodation will be required and is not included in the tour cost. Please contact the team at NT Bird Specialists to enquire.
This experience takes place in remote locations with wild animals, including salt water crocodiles. Guests MUST follow all instructions given by the team at NT Bird Specialists at all times for your safety and the safety of those around you.
We recommend wearing appropriate clothing for tropical conditions, closed-toe shoes for all activities and heavy duty insect repellent as required. Please be mindful of your surroundings at all times. Please be respectful and always ask before photographing people.
All meals, touring and accommodation are included during the tour. Drinks, personal shopping and flights are excluded.
Prices are based on either a shared room or single room basis and availability of rooms will be on a first to book basis.
A good level of physical fitness is required as we will be walking in hot and often humid conditions which may include steep hills and uneven terrain at some locations.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
Continuous tuition and support throughout on wildlife and landscape photography, Camera set up for wildlife photography, Focusing and panning technique, Mastering exposure for nature photography, Shutter speed and aperture
Guests are advised to BYO cameras and lenses, memory cards, laptop and external USB hard drive for backing up images, tripod, flash. A range of Canon EOS cameras and lenses will be available for all guests to use throughout the tour by prior request. Guests who book will be contacted to arrange loan equipment.
Tour starts and finishes in Darwin. Please contact NT Bird Specialists for details regarding pre and post tour accommodation and pick up location/meeting point. Email email@example.com or call Luke Paterson at +61 (0) 421 651 122 or Sarah Burgess at +61 (0) 455 921 092.