Experience the thrill of soaring above one of the largest and most pristine desert river systems on the planet. This is your chance to capture the surreal beauty and mystery of Australia's “Inland Sea”, all from a truly unique perspective. Join this 1000 Mile Travel experience with Jay Collier and Steve Huddy from the Canon Collective providing the photographic experience on this all-inclusive three day/two night adventure from Adelaide which includes access to a complimentary range of Canon EOS cameras and lenses for the duration of the experience.
Day 1: Fly Adelaide - Olympic Dam - William Creek
• Arrive for lunch and check in at William Creek Hotel
• Enjoy a 30 min open door flight over the Painted Hills
• Return to William Creek for dinner
• Overnight at William Creek Hotel
Day 2: Lake Eyre
• 1 x 2 hour morning and 1 x 2 hour afternoon flight taking in the spectacular, changeable patterns and abstract forms of Lake Eyre from an open door GA8 Gippsland Airvan with only 2 guests per flight per plane
• Adobe Lightroom editing and lunch between flights
• Overnight at William Creek Hotel
Day 3: William Creek - Lake Eyre
• Flight to the Painted Hills at Anna Creek Station, landing in early morning light to capture the stunning landscapes
• Explore this pristine and untouched landscape like no other in Australia. For approximately three hours our group will have exclusive access to venture freely, unlike general tour groups who are restricted to marked areas only. This is a truly unique opportunity to photograph a rarely seen part of Australia.
• Return to William Creek for lunch and check out
• Fly to Olympic Dam and on to Adelaide
• Accommodation and meals (drinks billed separately)
• Return flights from Adelaide to William Creek
• Aerial photography tuition on the ground ahead of flights and in the air at all times with a highly experienced Canon Collective Ambassador
• 1 x 30 min flight over the Painted Hills from an open door aircraft, with only 2 guests per flight
• 2 x 2 hour flights over Lake Eyre from an open door aircraft, with only 2 guests per flight
• Lightroom editing for aerial and landscape tuition 1x early morning flight into the Painted Hills with an escorted exclusive access walk and landscape photo shoot
• Each guest will have access to complimentary loan equipment with the choice of a range of Canon EOS cameras and lenses to choose from for the duration of the experience.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
Aerial Photography, Landscape Photography, Astrophotography (optional and seasonal), Lightroom editing techniques
Interchangeable lens camera, two sets of batteries and charger, tripod, memory cards (min 64GB), laptop for editing. EF 100-400mm IS USM L, EF/RF 70-200mm or EF/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS are recommended. Loan of Canon EOS R cameras and RF lenses will be available on prior request and are recommended. You will be required to travel with this from Adelaide Airport in your own luggage allowance so please ensure you leave ample space in your bags to accommodate this gear. The equipment will be handed to you in the morning at Adelaide airport. Each guest will be contacted ahead of departure to confirm your equipment loan requests. Note that the EOS R only takes SD cards.
Meeting at Alliance Air check in counter, Adelaide Airport. Please note the events starts and ends at Adelaide Airport. Flights to William Creek leave at 5am on the Friday morning and return 7:30pm on the Sunday evening. You may wish to consider staying in Adelaide a day before and after the experience.
General fitness required, grip sole with closed toe shoe recommended. A study pair of hiking boots with ankle support is highly advised as the walk in the painted hills will traverse some uneven landscape, hills and loose rocks. Where the event takes place outside we can’t control the environment so please take care in your surroundings.