Nothing can prepare you for the thrill of shooting professional sports from the sideline - and Canon Collective takes you there! Where else can you get this close to the game and experience the Canon EOS professional focusing system with the famous big white lenses?
Using the best Canon gear available, you’ll join Canon Collective Ambassador Greg Sullavan and get an insight into what it takes to be a professional sports photographer. Greg will share the principles of shooting fast moving action so you can anticipate the next big moment to capture all the on-field and behind the scenes action.
- EOS professional focus system
- Back button auto focus (rear AF)
- Exposure, metering and colour temperature
What to bring
This is a professional EOS experience - we recommend using our EOS 1DX unless you already have your own. BYO second camera and lens is okay.
A CF card required if you’d like to keep your photographs or a loan CF card can be arranged, please bring a USB 3 memory stick, minimum 16GB.
- Corporate Entrance, Gate F Suncorp Stadium, 51 Castlemaine Street, Milton
- Any changes will be communicated 24 hours before the event.
We recommend you have an intermediate level of photographic experience and have attended our Sports and Action Photography for Beginners workshop, or equivalent knowledge.
Please note before booking. We are under Suncorp Stadiums strict COVID plans for the Canon Sideline Shooting Experience. We will have a total 4 guests in a secure Private Suite for the duration of the event.
There is only 2 guests permitted on the field with the Canon Collective ambassador per half.
- Each participant will be shooting with an EOS 1DXMII and Canon Super-tele lenses, provided by Canon on the night
- Plan to arrive at the corporate entrance 10 minutes early, late arrivals will not be admitted
- Please wear neutral tones - nothing too colourful.
- Comfortable shoes.
- We will be staying at one end - not roaming the sidelines
- Make a careful note of all these details at the time of booking
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
- Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
- Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
- Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen
- Access to hand sanitiser during the event
- Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
- Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
- Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.