Join Jay Collier from Canon Collective to capture long exposure seascapes at Cape Schanck on the picture perfect Mornington Peninsula.
Each guest will receive a complete Haida ND Filter kit comprising of a 6,10 and 15 stop ND filter as well as a 3 stop ND Grad to use on the day to capture stunning ocean seascapes.
Run as a small group of 8, this exclusive workshop will give guests plenty of 1 on 1 time to fully understand how to photograph a range of long exposure landscape images using ND filters.
On completion of this workshop guests will understand:
• how to use ND filters
• how to calculate long exposure times
• how to read the scene and select shutter speeds for the best effect
• improve your composition
• Learn how to capture long exposure panoramic images
Each guest will be required to bring the following items:
• A sturdy tripod is essential in order to attend this event
• Canon EOS camera and wide angle lenses
• Cable release if you own one (self timers can be used if you dont)
• Closed toed, supportive hiking boots or shoes with good grip
• appropriate clothing for walking and working outdoors including long sleeves, hat and sunscreen
A range of Canon EOS digital SLR and mirrorless cameras and lenses will be available for guests to use on the day.
Meeting in the main car park closest to the walking track.
A good level of physical fitness is required in order to attend this workshop. Guests will be required walk over variable and uneven ground which will include large rocks and boulders, rock pools, wet surfaces and ledges during the workshop. The walk down is all down hill on paths and several long staircases, the return trip is entirely up hill. The event times have been scheduled on the outgoing low tide for safety. Guests must wear hiking shoes or boots with a grip sole with closed toes with good ankle support. Where the event takes place outside we can’t control the environment so please take care in your surroundings.