Join Jay Collier from Canon Collective to capture action packed photographs of your dog running on the beach and through the water at Sandringham Dog Beach.
All guests will have shared access to a range of Canon cameras and lenses both telephoto and wide angle to help capture a variety of images over 1.5 hours from high speed action shots to portraits.
On completion of this workshop guests will understand:
• how to capture high speed action photographs of your dog
• how to work with light to capture stunning portraits
• understand exposure, shutter speed, ISO, aperture and focus modes
Each guest will be required to bring the following items:
• Canon EOS camera and wide angle and long zoom lenses. (loan gear will be available to all guests also)
• Plenty of memory cards and charged batteries
• appropriate clothing for outdoors at the beach, hat and sunscreen. You can shoot in the shallows so consider board shorts and thongs.
• Your dogs favorite ball to throw on the beach and into the water
• A towel and change of cloths as you will likely get wet
A little knowledge can make a world of difference. Check out our pet photography tips from Jenn Cooper.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
How to capture high speed action photographs of your dog, how to work with light to capture stunning portraits, and understand exposure, shutter speed, ISO, aperture and focus modes.
A range of Canon EOS digital SLR and mirrorless cameras and lenses will also be available for guests to use on the day.
Meet in the main lower car park to the right of sailing club. We will meet on the grass area at the start of the beach access.
Please be mindful the beach is an off leash dog beach and as such you should be mindful to consider if your dog is suited to such a location and will socialize well with other dogs. Please dress appropriately for the beach as you may get wet during the workshop. Please consider sun safe clothing as well as sunscreen. Where the event takes place outside we can’t control the environment so please take care in your surroundings.