Join Jay Collier from Canon Collective and professional wildlife photographer for an in-depth practical workshop on birds and nature photography at Serendip Sanctuary in Lara, VIC.
Over 2.5 hours you will experience photographing wild birds from a photographic hide over 2 watering holes as well as a series of walk through Avery's where you will get up close to a broad array of Australian native birds and other wildlife.
• Camera settings and set up for successful wildlife photography
• Focus set up and techniques
• Introduction to back button focus
• Exposure and metering for wildlife and nature photography
• Aperture and depth of field when using long lenses
• Shutter speed and how it affects your wildlife images
• How to use TV, AV and Manual setting and when to use which mode
• ISO and how it is used in wildlife photography
• Working with light and dealing with problems you might encounter in the wild
Do you want to learn more about bird photography? Have a look at these bird photography tips from Greg Sullavan.
Please BYO camera and long lenses. A selection of Canon EOS cameras and long lenses will be available for all guests to use including EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 7D Mark II, EOS R, EOS RP, EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS II, EF 200-400mm f4L IS, EF 300mm f2.8L IS II, EF 400mm f4L DO II as well as EF 1.4X III and 2X III converters. Ensure you bring your memory cards, charged batteries and appropriate closed toe walking shoes and clothing for outdoors. A monopod will be useful to reduce the weight of your gear.
Meeting at main car park. Free parking available onsite.
A general fitness level is required. We recommend closed toe shoes for walking. As this event takes place outdoors, please be mindful of your surroundings.