Join Jay Collier from Canon Collective for an in-depth look into creative lighting using the Canon Speedlite System.
In this seminar based workshop Jay will explain and demonstrate the many creative ways you can use Canon Speedlites for everything from still life to product photography and portraits and how to build your own home studio.
During this 2.5 hour seminar Jay will demonstrate:
• Set up and control multiple off-camera speedlites
• Use modifiers and light shapers to control and direct light and achieve professional results easily
• Learn the basic triangular lighting theory using 3 speedlites and how to group and control each speedlite using the Canon ST-E3-RT
• E-TTL vs Manual flash operation
• How to balance ambient and flash exposure
• How to build your own home studio
• Flash duration and how to use it to freeze motion
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
No equipment is required for this seminar. You may wish to bring a notepad and pen if you wish to take notes.
Meet in the main showroom. On street parking available. Please refer to signs regarding paid vs free parking times.
This is a seminar based demonstration where you will learn how to use the Canon Speedlite system and build your own home studio and as such guests will not be taking photos at this seminar. Guests will be asked to assist in getting hands on with the set as part of the learning outcomes during this seminar. Please aim to arrive 10-15 mins ahead of the start time and allow for local traffic as the event will start on time.
Our photography tips and tutorials can help you master your craft.
Take a look at Klae’s photography. It’s expressive. Emotive. It captures both mood & moment. Not bad for a bloke who only picked up a camera 3 years ago.
This World Photography Day we took the opportunity to find out what photography truly means to a few faces from different parts of our community, and why being curious with a camera in-hand is such an important part of their lives.