In this exclusive small-group wildlife photography experience, you’ll receive exclusive access to Australia's newest and most advanced zoo for a full hour before the general public arrive. Guided by photography expert and Collective Ambassador Scott Stramyk, you'll have the ability to roam through the zoo as the animals awake from their night dens for their morning feed.
During the 2.5 hour workshop, you'll learn the tricks of the trade and discover the techniques required to shoot awe-inspiring images of native and exotic animals out in the field. To help you achieve some impressive images on the day, all guests will have shared access to a range of Canon EOS cameras and telephoto lenses at no extra cost.
Please note: the ticket price of this event does not include zoo entry. If you hold an annual pass, then bring as usual and confirm your place online. Use the code in the important information section to secure a discount for your day pass. YOU MUST BOOK ONLINE for the same date as this course and select the AM option for your visit.
• Camera settings and set up
• Focus modes and technique
• Exposure and metering
• Tips for capturing wildlife
• Aperture and depth of field
What to bring
• Please BYO Canon EOS camera, lenses, memory cards and spare batteries
• Shared Canon EOS cameras and telephoto lenses will be available for guests to loan for the duration of the workshop at no additional cost
• Meet at the main front gates in front of the giant koala 10 mins before the event starts.
• Parking is available onsite
• All skill levels welcome - this is a beginner through to intermediate level workshop
• Check out these wildlife photography tips pre-event to maximise your Collective experience.
• This workshop ticket does NOT include entry to the Sydney Zoo - tickets must be pre-purchased at least one day prior to the event (annual pass holders are excluded)
• When booking your day ticket at the Sydney Zoo website here, please ensure you select the date of this workshop and select the AM option, then enter the case sensitive Canon Collective discount code CANON-9PX11 at checkout
• If you hold a Sydney Zoo annual pass, there is no need to purchase zoo entry. However, due to the new COVID-19 procedures in place at the zoo, you must pre-book your place online via the members portal and bring your pass along as usual.
• A s entry to the zoo is currently limited, we recommend booking your zoo tickets intermediately following booking this workshop
• General fitness is required and comfortable grip sole, closed toed walking shoes are recommended. As the event takes place outside, we can’t control the environment so please take care in your surroundings.
• Ensure you dress for the weather conditions and protect yourself from the sun. You 're encouraged to bring your own refillable water bottle into the zoo.
• While we work closely with zoo keepers to show you the widest variety of species, the animals at Sydney Zoo have freedom to roam and can enter and exit enclosures as they wish, so we are unable to guarantee viewing of specific animals
COVID-safe event conditions
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
• Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
• Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
• Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event
• Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.