In this comprehensive wildlife zoo experience, you’ll be guided by wildlife photography expert and Collective Ambassador Jay Collier. Learn the tips and techniques required to shoot awe-inspiring images of native and exotic animals out in the field.
To help you achieve some impressive images on the day, all guests will have shared access to a range of Canon EOS cameras and telephoto lenses at no extra cost.
Please note: the ticket price of this event does not include zoo entry. If you hold an annual pass, then bring as usual and confirm your place online. PLEASE NOTE: While COVID-19 social distancing applies, you must book your entry ticket in advance online even if you are a member. Go to https://www.zoo.org.au/melbourne/whats-on/events/entry/
• Camera settings and set up
• Focus modes and technique
• Exposure and metering
• Tips for capturing wildlife
• Aperture and depth of field
What to bring
• Please BYO Canon EOS camera, lenses, memory cards and spare batteries
• Shared Canon EOS cameras and telephoto lenses will be available for guests to loan for the duration of the workshop at no additional cost
• Please meet outside the main gates to the side of the ticketing window.
• All skill levels welcome - this is a beginner through to intermediate level workshop
• Check out these wildlife photography tips pre-event to maximise your Collective experience.
• This workshop ticket does NOT include entry to Melbourne Zoo - tickets must be pre-purchased at least one day prior to the event (including membership pass holders)as the number of tickets per day as limited in order to control crows sizes during social distancing rules.
• Book your zoo entry ticket at https://www.zoo.org.au/melbourne/whats-on/events/entry/
• As entry to the zoo is currently limited, we recommend booking your zoo tickets intermediately following booking this workshop
• General fitness is required and comfortable grip sole, closed toed walking shoes are recommended. As the event takes place outside, we can’t control the environment so please take care in your surroundings.
• Ensure you dress for the weather conditions and protect yourself from the sun. You 're encouraged to bring your own refillable water bottle into the zoo.
COVID-safe event conditions
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
• Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
• Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and indoor distancing as advised by each state government – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
• Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event
• Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.
Additional Images by Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier
Main: Image Elephants at Mashatu, Botswana - by Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier
Please consider the following requirements prior to booking this workshop, in consideration of the host and other participants:
• Please arrive 15 mins before for start time. The workshop will begin at the designated time and late arrivals may not be admitted.
• If you are more than 15 minutes early, please make yourself comfortable and wait for the host to greet guests together at the same time.
• Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
• Please take careful note of event details at time of booking. If you have any further question’s, contact us at email@example.com, however please note that due to the nature of our work we may be unable to respond to all request in a timely manner.
Share your images
We'd love to see what you capture! Please share your images from this event by tagging @canoncollectiveofficial or #canoncollective for your chance to be featured on the Canon Collective official Instagram account.