CANON AUSTRALIA – CASH BACK - DONATE OR KEEP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information and instructions on how to participate forms part of these terms. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms.
2. The “Promoter” is Canon Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 66 005 002 951) of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road Macquarie Park, NSW 2113 (Phone: 13 23 53). Participants 3. The Promotion is open to individual Australian residents that are not officers, agents or employees of the Promoter, its related companies or agencies associated with this Promotion (Participants).
4. Participants under 18 years old must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to participate in this Promotion, agree to its terms and to submit any Claims.
5. The purchase period commences on 1 May 2017 and ends on 31 July 2017 (Purchase Period).
6. The “Eligible Printers” are the Canon printers that are listed in clause 10.
7. A Participant makes an “Eligible Purchase” when they purchase any new (not pre-owned) Eligible Printer during the Purchase Period from an authorised Canon Australia retailer in the Canon Australia distribution channel (www.canon.com.au/donateorkeep) or from Canon Australia’s official online store (http://store.canon.com.au/). If in doubt about whether a retailer is an authorised Canon Australia retailer, contact Canon on 13 23 53.
8. Canon-branded products that are sourced by end-users, distributors or retailers from any source other than through Canon Australia’s official online store or from an authorised Canon Australia retailer in the Canon Australia distribution channel (including ‘grey’, ‘parallel’ or ‘direct’ imports) are not Canon Australia products and do not constitute Eligible Purchases. Eligible Purchase to Claim Cash Back or Have the Promoter Make a Donation
9. Participants who make an Eligible Purchase during the Purchase Period can submit “a Claim” by doing one of the following (not both): a. Electing to claim the Applicable Amount (refer to clause 10 for Applicable Amounts) as cash back (claiming Cash Back) by submitting a Claim in accordance with clause 14; or b. Electing to have Canon donate the Applicable Amount to one of the Participating Charities (Donating) by submitting a Claim in accordance with clause 15.
10. The “Eligible Printers” and the “Applicable Amounts” that may be either claimed as Cash Back or Donated are as follows:
ELIGIBLE PRINTER APPLICABLE AMOUNTS
PIXMA Home MG3660/3060 $10.00
PIXMA Home MG5760/5 $10.00
PIXMA Home TS5060 $20.00
PIXMA Home TS6060 $30.00
PIXMA Home MG7760/5/6 $30.00
PIXMA Home TS8/9060 $40.00
PIXMA Home Office MX496 $20.00
PIXMA Home Office MX726 $30.00
PIXMA Home Office MX926 $30.00
PIXMA Mobile iP110 $50.00
SELPHY CP1200 $30.00 Office
MAXIFY MB2160 $20.00 Office
MAXIFY MB2760 $50.00 Office
MAXIFY MB5160 $50.00 Office
MAXIFY MB5460 $80.00
PIXMA Endurance G2600 $30.00
PIXMA Endurance G3600 $50.00
PIXMA Endurance G4600 $60.00
PIXMA Pro 100s $60.00
PIXMA Pro 10s $100.00
PIXMA Pro 1000 $150.00
11. The “Participating Charities” in this Promotion are: a) Cancer Council Australia; b) The Starlight Foundation; and c) The Australian Red Cross. The Promoter reserves the right to change or substitute the Participating Charities. Any changes will be reflected on the Promotion website. No Tax Receipts for Donations
12. If a Participant elects to Donate, the Participant forfeits their right to claim any Cash Back and as such, no tax receipt will be issued to the Participant. The Promoter donates the Applicable Amount to the chosen Participating Charity, not the Participant. Multiple Purchases
13. Multiple Claims are permitted provided that each Claim is made on the basis of a separate Eligible Purchase and each Eligible Printer is on a separate receipt. There is a maximum of 5 Claims per household.
Claims Process and Deadlines
14. If the Participant chooses to claim Cash Back they must: a. visit www.canon.com.au/donateorkeep, then input their details including their full name and valid email address and elect “Claim Cash Back”; b. submit their bank account details (to receive an electronic funds transfer (EFT)); OR c. submit their postal address (if the Participant would prefer to receive an EFTPOS Gift Card); then either: i) submit the Claim online along with an uploaded copy of their receipt by 11.59pm (AEST) on 25 August 2017; OR ii) submit the claim online and mail a copy of their receipt together with a printed copy of the completed and submitted claim form to “Canon Cash Back, PO Box 733, Eastern Suburbs MC, NSW 2004” in time to be received by the Promoter (last mail) by 25 August 2017. Participants can contact the Promoter on 1800 722 229 if they need assistance accessing and processing the claim form or if they need to be sent a claim form in the mail.
15. If a Participant chooses to Donate they must: a. visit www.canon.com.au/donateorkeep, then input their details including their full name, postal address and valid email address and elect “Donate”; b. Choose which of the Participating Charities the Participant would like the Promoter to donate the Applicable Amount to; then either i) submit the Claim online along with an uploaded copy of their receipt by 11.59pm (AEST) on 25 August 2017; OR ii) submit the claim online then mail a copy of their receipt together with a printed copy of the completed and submitted claim form to “Canon Cash Back, PO Box 733, Eastern Suburbs MC, NSW 2004” in time to be received by the Promoter (last mail) by 25 August 2017. Participants can contact the Promoter on 1800 722 229 if they need assistance accessing and processing the claim form or if they need to be sent a claim form in the mail.
16. A Participant forfeits their right to any Claim if the Participant fails to produce a receipt.
18. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late or misdirected claims and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Participant cannot change their choice of Cash Bank (including the Cash Bank payment method), or Donation after submitting the Claim.
20. If a Participant elects to Donate, the Participant may only elect to Donate to one Participating Charity.
21. Any bank transaction fees associated with the clearing of funds, or, any other costs associated with accessing the Promotion website, scanning or copying receipts, or otherwise submitting a Claim is the responsibility of the Participant.
22. It is the responsibility of the Participant to provide the correct details. Delays and the non-payment of Claims that arise as a result of supplying incorrect details are the responsibility of the Participant.
23. To check the status of a claim, Participants can call 1800 722 229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cash Back Payment
24. Cash Backs will be paid to the Participant named on the valid claim form submitted to the Promoter in accordance with these terms. Cash Backs are not transferable or assignable.
25. Claims for Cash Bank will be paid within 30 days of the Promoter verifying the claim by sending an EFTPOS Gift Card or carrying out an EFT. How the Promoter Will Donate to the Participating Charities
26. After 25 August 2017, the Promoter will add up all the Applicable Amounts that Participants chose, as part of valid Claims, to be donated to each Participating Charity. A final sum will be determined for each Participating Charity and then announced to the Participating Charity and published on the Promotion website by 8 September 2017.
27. The Promoter will donate the applicable final sum to each Participating Charity within 60 days of invoice from the relevant charity. Since it is the Participant’s choice whether to elect to Donate or not and if so, which Participating Charity the Applicable Amount should be awarded to, the final amounts donated to each charity are likely to vary.
Returns of Eligible Printers
28. A Participant forfeits their right to make a Claim in respect of any Eligible Printer that is subsequently returned or refunded under any change of mind policy offered by the Promoter or any Canon Australia authorised retailer.
29. Where a Participant receives payment of a Cash Back and then returns the Eligible Printer to which the Cash Back relates under a change of mind policy, the Participant must immediately return the Cash Back money they received in connection with the Eligible Purchase to the Promoter. Claims taken as Gift Cards must be returned as a money transfer to the Promoter. Where the Participant fails to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to issue the Participant with an invoice for the Cash Back amount received, which is to be paid to the Promoter’s nominated bank account within 14 days. The Promoter reserves the right to take appropriate action where the Participant breaches this clause or does not pay the invoice.
30. Where a Participant elects to Donate and then returns the Eligible Printer to which the Donation relates under any change of mind policy, the Promoter may invalidate that Claim.
Collection of personal information
31. The Promoter collects personal information in connection with this Promotion. The Promoter may, for the purpose of conducting this promotion, disclose such information to third parties, including agents, contractors, service providers, suppliers and, as required, to regulatory agencies.
Other conditions that may invalidate a claim
33. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to verify the eligibility of Participants and the validity of a Claim (including contacting the place of purchase), and to invalidate any Claim that is not in accordance with these terms, or, to disqualify any Participant who tampers with the claims process.
34. Incomplete or illegible Claims may be deemed invalid, although errors and omissions may be accepted at the discretion of the Promoter.
35. The failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
36. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or, is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: a) to disqualify any Participant; or b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion as appropriate. Liability
37. Nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
38. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability, for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; or (d) any tax liability incurred by a Participant; or (e) use of the Cash Back; or otherwise arising out of this Promotion. General
39. All money amounts in these terms are in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST.
40. If any provision of these terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect.
41. These terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia.