This section describes the procedure for setting IP v. 6.
Specify the settings for IP v. 6 using the Remote UI after specifying the settings for IP v. 4.
About the IP v. 6 address
1. Start the Remote UI, and then log in as Administrator.
2. Click [Settings/Registration].
3. Select [Network] from the [Preferences] menu.
4. Click [TCP/IP Settings].
5. Click [Edit...] under [IPv6 Settings].
6. Select the [Use IPv6] check box.
7. Specify the stateless address.
Check the [Use Stateless Address] check box when using a stateless address.
Stateless Address Retention
8. If you want to use a manual address, specify the following settings.
If you do not want to use a manual address, proceed to Step 9.
(1) Select the [Use Manual Address] check box.
(2) Enter [IP Address].
(3) Enter [Prefix Length].
(4) Enter [Default Router Address] as needed.
Addresses which cannot be entered in [IP Address] and [Default Router Address]
9. Specify DHCP v. 6.
When using the stateful address, select the [Use DHCPv6] check box.
10. If you want to use the DNS server, specify the following settings.
If you do not want to use the DNS server, proceed to Step 11.
You can specify the following [DNS Settings].
(1) Enter the IP address of the primary DNS server in [Primary DNS Server Address].
(2) Enter the IP address of the secondary DNS server in [Secondary DNS Server Address].
(3) Set [Host Name] and [Domain Name].
11. If you want to use DNS Dynamic Update, specify the following settings.
If you do not want to use the DNS server, proceed to Step 12.
(1) Select the [DNS Dynamic Update] check box.
* Using the DNS Dynamic Update function, by registering the [Host Name] and [Domain Name] to the DNS server, the printer's IP address can be used without being fixed.
(2) Set whether to register the IPv6 address to the DNS server during DNS dynamic updates.
DNS Dynamic Update
When using the DNS Dynamic Update function
12. Click [OK].
13. Perform a hard reset or restart the printer.
→ After performing a hard reset or restarting the printer, the settings are effective.
To perform a hard reset
1. Click [Settings/Registration].
2. Select [Device Control] from the [Output/Control] menu.
3. Select [Hard Reset], and then click [Execute].