"Lens aberration correction" Function
Some lens characteristics could cause the periphery of images shot to become darker than the center, or cause the subject to be distorted. In such cases, you can use the lens aberration correction function of Digital Photo Professional. Using this function, you can improve the following phenomena, which cannot be completely eliminated in the lens structure, to make images that are closer to what you intended.
Phenomena that can be corrected:
About "Compatible Cameras" and "Compatible Lenses", please refer to Compatible Cameras and Lenses for the Function of Correcting Lens Aberration with Digital Photo Professional 3.8.
Correcting Lens Aberration
Follow the procedure below to correct lens aberration.
1. Start Digital Photo Professional and display the main window.
2. In the main window displayed, if you double-click the RAW image to be corrected, the edit screen and tool palette appear.
Select [View] menu and [Tool Pallete] when the tool palette does not display.
3. Select the [NR/Lens/ALO] tab and click [Tune].
4. When the [Lens aberration correction] window appears, select the items to be corrected. This section describes how to correct [Peripheral Illumination] and [Distortion].
5. The image is corrected and redisplayed.
To adjust the correction amount, drag the slider from side to side.
You can correct red chromatic aberration with the [R] slider of the [Chromatic aberration] or blue chromatic aberration with the [B] slider.
When the corrections are complete, click [OK].
6. When closing the [Lens aberration correction] window, the result of the corrections is reflected in the image in the edit window, and the image is redisplayed.
In the main window, the [ ] mark is displayed on the image to indicate the lens aberration corrections.
Thumbnail Image Displayed in the Main Window
About Shooting Distance Information Slider
This completes the process of correcting lens aberration.