Changes: Firmware Version 1.0.9 incorporates the following changes. 1. Optimizes the camera’s performance when using certain UDMA 7-compatible CF cards released in February 2012 or later. 2. Corrects wording in the Dutch language menu screen
Firmware Version 1.0.9 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.8. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.9, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Q&A Section: Preparations for the Firmware Update:
Windows After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file: Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file. The extracted folder contains the firmware (file name: 50D00109.FIR, file size: 9,520,908 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
Q: What are some changes of Firmware Version 1.0.9? A: The following changes have been incorporated. 1. Optimizes the camera’s performance when using certain UDMA 7-compatible CF cards released in February 2012 or later. 2. Corrects wording in the Dutch language menu screen
Q: Are the previous versions of firmware included in version 1.0.9? A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous versions are included:.
(Previous) Version 1.0.8 improvements:
1. Improves writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards. The reading/writing speeds of UDMA 7-compatible CF cards are the same as UDMA 6 CF cards. 2. Fixes incorrect indications in the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai and Turkish menu screens.
(Previous) Version 1.0.7 improvements:
1. Corrects a phenomenon where captured images may tend to appear somewhat magenta depending on the shooting scene. If the background has little or no contrast (such as the sky or white walls), and the white balance (WB) setting of the camera is not AWB (Auto White Balance), images may tend to appear somewhat magenta. 2. Fixes incorrect indications on the Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, and Ukrainian menu screens.
(Previous) Version 1.0.6 improvements:
1. Supports the AF assist beam feature of the new flash, Speedlite 270 EX, which was released in April 2009. In low light situations, the AF assist beam fires during autofocusing. The conditions under which the AF assist beam to will fire have changed in Firmware Version 1.0.5 or later. If the firmware of the camera is version 1.0.3 or earlier, the AF assist beam may not fire even if these conditions are met. 2. Changes the error indications that are displayed on the camera. In previous firmware, if an error is detected, Err 99 is displayed on the camera in most cases. Firmware Version 1.0.5 or later further specifies the error indications as follows. Indications on the Camera's LCD monitor (XX are numbers listed on the right.) No. Error details 10 Malfunctions related to files have been detected. 20 Malfunctions related to the mechanical have been detected. 30 Malfunctions related to the shutter have been detected. 40 Malfunctions related to the power source have been detected. 50 Malfunctions related to the electric control have been detected. 70 Malfunctions related to images have been detected. 80 Malfunctions related to the electric control or images have been detected. If malfunctions in the camera are detected, "Err XX" will be displayed. A two-digit number that corresponds to the malfunctions detected by the camera will be displayed in the "XX" section of the error number. Other than the error numbers listed above, there are other numbers such as "01". In that case, provide appropriate handling and servicing by following the details displayed on the LCD monitor of the camera. If an error code appears frequently, the camera is malfunctioning; therefore, note down the error number and contact our service center. 3. Addresses the vertical banding noise phenomenon If the recording format is set to sRAW1, vertical banding noise may become visible depending on the camera settings, subject, and background.This phenomenon is addressed by this firmware. Notes: When updating to Firmware Version 1.0.6, please also update the Digital Photo Professional, Picture Style Editor, ZoomBrowser EX, and ImageBrowser software to the following versions or later.For details, please refer to the Firmware Q&A section. Digital Photo Professional : Version 3.5.2 (Windows/Macintosh) Picture Style Editor : Version 1.4.2 (Windows/Macintosh) ZoomBrowser EX : Version 6.2.1c (Windows) ImageBrowser : Version 6.2.1c (Macintosh)
(Previous) Version 1.0.3 improvements:
1. Corrects a phenomenon in which an image becomes overexposed when C.Fn.II-3 Highlight tone priority is set to "1" together with other camera settings. (This correction has already been incorporated in the Version 1.0.2 and later firmware.) 2. Corrects a rare phenomenon in which "busy" blinks on the camera's display panel and the shutter cannot be released due to the timing of battery installation. 3. Corrects a rare phenomenon in which "Err 99" appears on the camera's display panel and LCD monitor and the shutter cannot be released due to the timing of pressing the shutter button.
File Name : eos50d-v109-win.zip File Type : FA File Size : 11335909KB
Canon Driver Downloads is for the support of Canon Products SOLD IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY. It includes drivers and demonstration software for Canon brand printers, scanners, cameras and other Canon products.
DISCLAIMER: CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
Export: Some of the software is subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and anyone receiving the software cannot export the software without a license or other authorisation of the U.S. Canon will not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature incurred as a result of this prohibition.
Applicable software includes;
- Software using OS created by US companies
- Driver software (printer driver, fax driver),
- Utility software (Network ScanGear),
- Application software (imageWARE products),
- Support tool (SST, NAVI, etc)
- Firmware of the device (main body)
and any further software that may from time to time be added to this list.