Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fix:
- Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Support for Exif 2.31 has been added.
Please review the instructions thoroughly before updating the firmware on your camera.
The firmware update takes approximately 6 minutes.
Please note that the firmware for EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R is different.
- The firmware cannot be updated when the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is inserted into the camera.
- Once the camera is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware Version 1.0.1.
- EOS 5DS cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0 (or later) require the latest version of EOS Utility and Camera Connect.
Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which contains information regarding the enhancements incorporated into Version 1.1.0 firmware.
When using Version 4.7.10 (or earlier) of Digital Photo Professional to edit JPEG/RAW images captured with a camera updated to Firmware Version 1.1.4 (or later), some of the Exif data may be deleted. In addition, chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer cannot be used when processing RAW images captured using a TS-E lens (TS-E17mm F4L, TS-E24mm F3.5L II, TS-E50mm F2.8L Macro, TS-E90mm F2.8L Macro, or TS-E135mm F4L Macro). Please be sure to update Digital Photo Professional to Version 4.7.20 (or later) before performing image processing.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
- • EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from Canon our Web site. Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
- • Versions of application software that support Firmware Version 1.1.0 (or later) of the camera:
- EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later
- Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 5DS00112.FIR / file size: xx,xxx,xxx bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
Firmware download link