TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing up to, or participating in the Canon Experience Store Referral Program (Program), you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. In these Terms and Conditions, “Canon” or “us” means Canon Australia Pty Ltd, (ABN 66 005 002 951)
The Program will run from 1st January 2020 to 31 December 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Card Owners and Participants
1. The Program is only open to individuals who are currently residing in Australia who are 18 years of age or over, and who are not employees (or their immediate family members) of the Promoter, its related companies or agencies associated with this Program.
2. To be issued with a Canon Experience Store Referral card (Card Owner), you must sign up to the Program with one of our representatives at the Canon Experience Store – (95 Buckhurst St, South Melbourne VIC 3205). Any existing or first-time customer can sign up to the Program.
3. Card Owners may supply their Referral Card to family, friends or acquaintances who are potential new purchasers at the Canon Experience Store. To present a Referral Card from a Card Owner, you must be a first-time customer of the Canon Experience Store (Participant). Persons who have already made a purchase at the Canon Experience Store are ineligible to be classified as Participants.
4. To apply to be a Card Owner under the Program, you must be added to the Canon Experience Store database by a Canon Experience Store staff member at the Canon Experience Store. Upon signing up to the Program, the Card Owner will be provided with a Canon Experience Store referral card linked to their account (Referral Card). This Card is for the Card Owner to give to a potential Participant who may make a first-time purchase at the Canon Experience Store.
5. Upon receiving the Referral Card, the Participant is eligible to present the Referral Card when making an Eligible Purchase at the Canon Experience Store. Once the transaction is complete, the Participant is to return the Referral Card to the Canon Experience Store representative to hold for the Card Owner to collect. For every referral that results in an Eligible Purchase from a new Participant, the Card Owner will receive a specified amount of store credit to use at the Canon Experience Store (specified in the table below under clause 6). Only one transaction per Participant is permitted for a valid store credit to be applied to the Card Owner’s account. For clarity, the Participant does not receive anything. It is only the Card Owner that earns credit under the Program.
6. A certain amount of store credit is accrued for the Card Owner depending on the amount the Participant spends on any product or products in the Canon Experience Store when presenting the Referral Card. This is outlined below:
|Spend amount by Participant (Eligible Purchase)||Store Credit accrued for Card Owner on next purchase|
|Between $500 - $999 in one transaction||$50 store credit|
|$1000 or more in one transaction
||$100 store credit|
7. The Canon Experience Store will contact the Card Owner when a transaction has been processed using their Referral Card, so that the Card Owner can pick up their Referral Card to provide to another potential Participant. It is the sole responsibility of the Card Owner to make their own arrangements to pick up their Referral card once it has been dropped off at the Canon Experience Store.
8. The store credit awarded to the Card Owner will be valid for 2 years from the date the credit is awarded.
9. Store credit can only be used by the Card Owner and cannot be transferred to another individual. Store credit is not transferable for cash.
Changes to the Program
10. Canon reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions, Eligible Purchases and the referral benefits at any time. Canon will notify Participants of any such change by updating the Canon website and sending an update via email using the email address provided by the Card Owner upon signing up to the Program. It is the Card Owner’s responsibility to notify Canon if their email address changes. Privacy and security
11. By applying for and participating in the Program, Canon will collect personal information about you so that Canon can administer the benefits. Canon may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including agents, contractors, service providers, suppliers and, as required, to regulatory agencies. Participation is conditional on providing this information.
13. These terms apply in addition to any rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law contained in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“the ACL”) or an applicable express warranty.
14. Canon does not exclude or limit the application of any provision of any applicable statute (including the ACL) where to do so would contravene that statute, or cause any clause of these terms and conditions to be void.
15. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Canon (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Program.
16. You warrant to Canon that all information you supply to Canon in connection with the Program is true and correct.
17. The failure by Canon to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. If this Program is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Canon, Canon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to:
(a) disqualify any Participant or Card Owner; or
(b) modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion as appropriate.
19. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Victoria, Australia, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.