TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Instructions on how to participate form part of these “Terms and Conditions.” Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promotion is only open to individual Australian residents who are not employees (or their immediate family members) of Canon, its related companies or agencies associated with this promotion who are sent a survey from Canon inviting them to participate (Participants).
3. Participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter this promotion and to agree to its terms.
How to enter and submission period
4. Participants must, during the Submission Period, complete the survey then answer the following question in 25 words or less on the survey form “If you had 24 hours with any photographer in the world who would it be and what would you want them to teach you?” (the Question) together with inputting their email address (Entry).
5. The “Submission Period” commences at 6.00pm AEDT on Wednesday 23rd October 2019 and ends at 11.59pm AEDT on Wednesday 30th October 2019.
6. Participants can only submit their own original work. Entries must not contain any material protected by third party copyright or other intellectual property rights.
7. Only one Entry per Participant.
Judging and Winners
8. A Prize will be awarded to the Participant deemed to have submitted the best valid Entry as set out in clause 9 (Winner).
9. Judging will be carried out after close of the Submission Period by employees or representatives of the Promoter. Judging will be based on the answers to the Question which the judges deem to be the most creative. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Winner will be notified privately by email within 7 calendar days of close of the Submission Period.
11. There is 1 Prize to give away ().
12. The “Prize” consists of a $200 voucher to Canon’s eStore (www.store.canon.com.au). Voucher is valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Claiming the prize
13. Winner may be required to provide personal information (such as a home address or email address) in order to claim the Prize.
14. If a Winner does not claim his/her prize by the time indicated by the Promoter, or if a Winner cannot be contacted, or cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility, or compliance with these Terms and Conditions, he/she will forfeit the Prize. Prizes, or any unused portion of a Prize, are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Participant’s warranties and indemnity
15. Each Participant warrants to the Promoter that (a) he/she has complied with the Entry requirements; b) no Entry submitted by him/her will contain viruses or cause harm to any person or entity; and (c) he/she has and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation copyright law and privacy law when participating in this promotion. Each Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims arising from a failure by him/her to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
16. Each Participant agrees that he/she is fully responsible for each Entry he/she submits, and is fully responsible for any equipment, or other costs required for, or associated with an Entry. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability for such Entries or any costs borne by the Participant relating to such Entries.
Conditions that may invalidate or disqualify the Entry, Participants or the Promotion
17. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entry where: it reasonably suspects that the Entry fails to comply with relevant law, breaches these Terms and Conditions, or the Participant has failed to meet the eligibility criteria.
18. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion.
Collection of personal information
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, modifies, or, purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) – whether direct, indirect, special or consequential – arising in any way out of the promotion, including (without limitation) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry that is late, lost, altered or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter; or (d) any tax liability incurred by a Participant.
21. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable for any reason it shall be severed and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
22. This Promotion is governed by the laws of New South Wales. The Participant and Promoter submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
23. The promoter is Canon Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 66 005 002 951) of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia (Phone: 13 23 53) (Canon).