TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Participation in this Canon Australia Social Media Lens Competition (Competition) is deemed acceptance of these Terms. Information and instructions on how to participate form part of these Terms.
2. The Competition Period starts on Thursday 11 April 2019 at the time of Canon Australia’s posting of the Competition details on their Instagram page and closes 11.59PM AEST Thursday 25 April 2019.
3. The Competition is only open to individual Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are not employees, or immediate family members of employees, of the Promoter or its related companies (Participants). Participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter this Competition and to agree to its Terms. Entrants must reside within Australia only.
How to Enter
4. Canon Australia will post on its Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/CanonAustralia/) on 11 April 2019 advertising that Canon Australia will be running the Competition.
5. To enter the Competition, Participants must:
a. follow the link on the Instagram post;
b. subscribe to Canon’s newsletter; and
c. answer in 25 words or less on the entry form, “What the first thing is that you would photograph with a new lens? (Entry).
6. Only completion of all the steps in clause 5 above will constitute a valid Entry.
7. One entry per email address only.
8. Entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to take down and exclude from the judging any Entry which the Promoter considers breaches Canon Australia’s Community Guidelines on Instagram.
9. Judging will be carried out by the Product Marketing Assistant Manager. Judging will be based on creativity and the entry that is the most inspiring answer to the question.
10. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. No responsibility is accepted for any Entry that is late, lost or misdirected or if the Winner does not claim their Prize in accordance with these terms.
12. The Prize is one (ONLY) of the ten lenses listed in the table below, which the Winner will be free to choose:
|EF 50 f/1.8 STM||$199|
|EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM||$449|
|EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM||$609|
|EF 70-300mm f/1.4-5.6 IS II USM||$749|
|EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM||$249|
|EF-M 32mm f/1.4||$749|
|EF-M 22mm f/2 STM||$245|
|EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM||$469|
|EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro||$499|
|EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM||$459|
13. The Winner cannot exchange their prize for cash or a gift voucher. The lens chosen by the Winner must be one of those listed in the table in clause 12 above. Prices of lenses are determined by what is listed on the Canon eStore at the time of selection (www.store.canon.com.au).
Claiming the Prize
14. The Winner will be publicly announced on Instagram on 9 May 2019, as well as notified by the email address provided to Canon at the time of entry. The Winner may be required to provide personal information (such as a home address or email address) in order to claim the Prize.
15. If the Winner does not claim the Prize by the time specified in the email, or if a Winner cannot be contacted, or cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility, or compliance with these Terms, they will forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate Winner will be chosen
16. The Prize, or any unused portion of a Prize is not exchangeable or transferrable.
Participant’s Warranties and Indemnity
17. Each Participant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. they have complied with the Entry requirements;
b. no Entry submitted by them will contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
c. they have and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
18. Each Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims in connection with a failure by them to comply with these Terms.
19. Each Participant agrees that they are fully responsible for each Entry they submit, and is fully responsible for any equipment, materials, licences or other costs required for or associated with each such Entry. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability or any costs borne by the Participant in submitting their Entry.
20. This Competition is in no way endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Instagram. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Instagram against all costs and claims arising in connection with a failure by them to comply with these Terms, or otherwise arising in connection with this Competition.
Conditions that may Invalidate Entries, Participants or the Competition
21. The Promoter reserves the right to reject, disqualify, remove or moderate any Entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, does not fit the criteria set out in these Terms.
22. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms.
24. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Collection of Personal Information
26. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Competition including (but not limited to) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Participant; or (g) use of the Prize.
28. All money amounts in these Terms are in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST.
29. If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
30. These Terms are governed by the laws in New South Wales. All Participants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
31. The Promoter is Canon Australia Pty Ltd of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road Macquarie Park NSW 2113 (ABN 66 005 002 951) Ph: 13 13 83 (Promoter).