Service and Repair Form
If you are sending your product in via mail or courier please ensure you print and attach a copy of this form with your product and follow the shipping instructions outlined below.
Important! Canon cannot be held responsible for equipment that is damaged or lost in shipping. Therefore, we strongly advise that you follow these instructions carefully.
Please do not include media cards, batteries or other accessories unless pertinent to the fault.
1. Once you submit the repair form, an email confirmation will be sent to the email address specified as per the online form.
2. Secure your equipment carefully in a cardboard box with suitable packing material to ensure proper protection during shipping. It is not advisable to send equipment in an envelope.
3. Include the printed email confirmation and any applicable warranty documentation in the box.
4. Select a courier that provides tracking information for the package.
5. Ship your package to:
Canon Camera Repairs
PO BOX 343
North Ryde NSW 1670
Canon Camera Repairs
The Park Estate
5 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
** Please note this address is not a customer facing premises.
6. You will receive a Goods Received Document in the post or via email (dependent on the details provided). Please check the accuracy of the information supplied and advise us immediately of any changes.
Depending on a number of factors including but not limited to nature of the issue, age of your device, and purchase origin there may be a $50 book - in / assessment fee which will need to be paid before your device is returned. This excludes the cost of return shipping (where applicable) of $14.30 including GST. If the issue is covered by a Canon Australia Warranty or Canon Australia Care Pack – then book - in / assessment fees and repair costs will not apply.
If shipping of batteries to Canon is unavoidable, please ensure that the terminals of each battery is protected from short circuit by either; enclosing them in their original retail packaging, securing them inside separate plastic bags, taping the terminals over or inserting them inside the unit that they were designed to be used with (e.g. Camera). Please refer to your shipping company for detailed packaging instructions & requirements. Please do not ship any damaged batteries or damaged packages containing batteries.