Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.2.0 adds full function support for these 7 lenses when used with the EOS C70.
1. EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
2. EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
3. EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
4. EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
5. EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM
6. EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
7. EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
(Supported lenses: Firmware version 1.1.0 or earlier)
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
– Firmware version 1.2.0 is the updated firmware version of mount adapter EF-EOS R 0.71x version 1.1.0. If the mount adapter's firmware is already version 1.2.0, update is unnecessary. You can check the firmware version of the mount adapter from the camera menu. Refer to the camera instruction manual for how to check the version. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to the previous version.
– Please prepare a memory card supported by the camera. Please see the camera's instruction manual for details on which memory cards are supported by each camera model.
– It is also necessary to update the firmware of the camera body of the EOS C70.
Preparations for a firmware update:
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: CN019102.AFU / file size: 1,856,164 byte), and instructions of firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. Mount Adapter body
2. A compatible camera which would be attached to the mount adapter.
3. EF lenses (Compatible lenses or compatible lenses with firmware update.)
4. A fully charged battery pack for the camera and a dedicated AC adapter kit bundled with the camera.
5. Memory card supported by the camera. (Please see the camera's instruction manual for details on which memory cards are supported by each camera model.)
6. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10/8.1, Mac OS X 11.0 – 11.2)
7. Commercially available memory card reader (the card slot of a computer can also be used.)
8. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
• EF-EOS R 0.71x Firmware Download Link