Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 1.3.0 incorporates the following enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.3.0 adds full function support for the 7 models of EF cinema lenses and 6 models of EF lenses listed below when used with EOS C70.
EF Cinema Lenses
1. CN-E14mm T3.1 L F
2. CN-E20mm T1.5 L F
3. CN-E24mm T1.5 L F
4. CN-E35mm T1.5 L F
5. CN-E50mm T1.3 L F
6. CN-E85mm T1.3 L F
7. CN-E135mm T2.2 L F
1. EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
2. EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
3. EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
4. EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
5. EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
6. EF 135mm f/2L USM
Note: When this mount adapter is attached to the above lenses, the amount of peripheral light may decrease significantly.
(Supported lenses: Firmware version 1.2.0 or earlier)
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM
EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
- Firmware version 1.3.0 is the updated firmware version for mount adapter EF-EOS R 0.71x version 1.2.0. If the mount adapter's firmware is already version 1.3.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware. You can check the firmware version of the mount adapter from the camera menu. Refer to the camera instruction manual for how to check the version. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to the previous version.
- Please prepare a memory card supported by the camera. Please see the camera's instruction manual for details on which memory cards are supported by each camera model.
- It is also necessary to update the firmware of the camera body of the EOS C70.
Preparations for a firmware update:
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: CN019103.AFU / file size: 2,114,420 byte), and instructions for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Prior to starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review and confirm your understanding of the firmware update procedures set forth in the instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. Mount adapter body EF-EOS R 0.71x.
2. A compatible camera to attach to the mount adapter. (ex. EOS C70)
3. EF Cinema lenses, EF lenses (Compatible lenses or compatible lenses with firmware update.)
4. A fully charged battery pack for the camera and a dedicated AC adapter kit bundled with the camera.
5. Memory card supported by the camera. (Please see the camera's instruction manual for details on which memory cards are supported by each camera model.)
6. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10/8.1, Mac OS X 11.0 – 11.2)
7. A memory card reader (the card slot of a computer can also be used.)
8. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
▶ EF-EOS R 0.71x Firmware Download Link