Thank you for using Canon products.
This firmware update (Version 22.214.171.124.00) incorporates the following improvements and enhancements.
1. A Continuous Recording function has been added allowing for non-stop recording.*1
2. Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction has been added for the following lenses:
• EF Cinema Lens: CN-E20mm T1.5 L F
• EF Lens: EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
3. For LUTs that can be applied to output footage, official support for the ITU-R BT.2100 standard and ITU-R BT.2408 report have been added for the following terminals:
• SDI terminal
• HDMI OUT terminal
Changes have been made so that the [HDR: PQ] and [HDR: HLG] base luminance corresponds to Diffuse White (100%) being 203nits.*2
4. Support for the [Reset] function that resets the clip number when the reel number is set, has been added.
5. When using an assignable button, the White Balance setting will be maintained after the power has been turned off.
6. Fixes a phenomenon that occurs on cameras with firmware versions 126.96.36.199.00 to 188.8.131.52.00 in which resolution appears to be reduced in SD card recordings and in external outputs when shooting with specific menu settings.*3
*1 When using the continuous recording function, only MP4 format/1920x1080 resolution is possible.
*2 The HLG output is the brightness in the case of displaying on a 1000nits monitor.
*3 Specific menu settings:
• When [Resolution/Colour Sampling] is set to [3840x2160 YCC420 8 bit].
• When [Resolution/Colour Sampling] is set to [1920x1080 YCC420 8 bit], and [Slow Motion Recording] is activated.
• When [Resolution/Colour Sampling] is set to [1920x1080 YCC420 8 bit], and the digital tele-converter and EF-S lens correction are activated.
For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
• You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
• Firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C200 cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 - 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit’s Instruction Manual titled “Saving and Loading Camera Settings”.
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VCN4.FIM / file size: 39,287,424 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An EOS C200 or EOS C200B camera
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.13)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
EOS C200 Firmware Download Link