Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates the following enhancement and improvements:
1. Compatible with EF Cinema Lens CN 10 x 25 IAS S/E1. - Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction has been added. - Enable autofocus with Dual Pixel CMOS AF. - Added support for "Dual Pixel Focus Guide" feature. 2. The ability to record XF-AVC Proxy has been added during XF-AVC recording. 3. The XF-AVC Long GOP bit rate recording mode has been added. 4. The ability to update the SDI/HDMI output from 59.94P to 29.97P (or 23.98P) has been added. 5. The ability to select “5 sec. Pre-REC function” in XF-AVC recording mode has been added. 6. Improved the card file name when simultaneously recording XF-AVC or Cinema RAW Light. 7. "B&W during Magn. " menu has been added when Magnification is enabled. 8. The default value of the assign button has been changed from "Magnification: Video terminal" to "Magnification".
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update. - Firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 is for updating EOS C500 Mark II cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version. - Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VPC3.FIR / file size: 76,848,000 byte), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. Camera Body EOS C500 Mark II
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.15)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
EOS C500 Mark II Firmware Download Link