Changes in firmware:
The new firmware incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Enhances eye detection Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
2. Improved Auto Focus (AF) performance helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
3. Reduces lag time between the actual Auto Focus (AF) and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF frame size cannot be changed in the Servo AF setting.
5. Fixes PTP communication vulnerability.
This firmware update is for camera equipped with older firmware version. If the camera firmware is already the latest version (Version 1.4.0), firmware update is unnecessary.
Preparations for the firmware update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (EOSR0140.FIR / file size: 33,940,256 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.