Firmware Version 1.5.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Adds the ability to register the focus position in the preset functions of the CR-A100 Camera Remote Application.
2. When used with the Robotic Camera System CR-S700R, it helps the user to focus on the intended subject distance when shooting.
3. Adds the ability to erase voice memos added to images and to add voice memos to protected images.
4. Adds the ability to check the time in the viewfinder by pressing the Exposure Compensation/Aperture button while looking through the viewfinder.
5. Adds enhanced security when transferring images via FTPS transfer.
6. Fixes an issue, in which, after touchscreen operation, in rare circumstances, the camera operations cannot be performed, and even if the camera is operated, [BUSY] appears on the screen.
7. Fixes an issue that, in rare instances, may result in the camera may not operating normally and having no viewfinder or screen display depending on the timing of operating the <af-on> button and viewfinder activation sensor. </af-on>
8. Fixes minor issues.
Firmware Version 1.5.1 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.4.1. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.5.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
Preparations for the firmware update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (EOSR3151.FIR / file size: 85,799,792 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
Firmware download link: