Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 incorporates the following enhancements:
1. Optimizes Autofocus accuracy when Extender RF1.4x or Extender RF2x is attached to the RF800mm F5.6 L IS USM and RF1200mm F8 L IS USM lenses. (VIDEO mode / PHOTO mode)
2. Enhances the stability of Eye Detection. (VIDEO mode / PHOTO mode)
3. Enhances Autofocus tracking when shooting moving subjects. (PHOTO mode)
- Please use an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to perform the firmware update.
- Firmware version 220.127.116.11 is for updating EOS R5 C cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168. If your camera's firmware is already version 22.214.171.124, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
- Firmware update must be performed in VIDEO mode.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that, prior to starting update operations, users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Save/Load Settings on Card" in the Advanced User Guide (PHOTO edition) and "Saving and Loading Menu Settings" in the Advanced User Guide (VIDEO Edition).
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VSD1.FIR / file size: 91,107,936 byte), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Prior to starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review and confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. Camera Body EOS R5 C
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 11、Windows 10, Windows 8.1、macOS 12, macOS 11, macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or greater (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
EOS R5 C Firmware Download Link