Thank you for using Canon products.
This firmware update (Version 188.8.131.52.00) incorporates the following enhancements.
1. Support for the colour matrix function has been added.
2. Support for the colour correction function has been added.
3. The following features are enabled for these lenses:
For CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S or CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S when “NU Protocol” is selected:
– Focus position control
– Zoom position control
• Menu Pathway: [Other Functions] > [REMOTE B Term.] > [NU Protocol]
*In some cases, the firmware of these lenses needs to be updated in order to enable the enhancements. Contact your Canon dealer for details.
For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit ’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 is for ME20F-SH cameras with Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 – 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera ’s firmware is already Version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the date/time settings and the camera ’s menu settings will be reset. Please configure the date/time settings and the camera ’s menu settings to their pre-update values after the firmware update is complete. The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VLF5.FIM / file size: 22,872,092 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An ME20F-SH Multipurpose Camera
2. A computer (OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, or Mac OS 10.7 - 10.14)
3. A microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card (all commercially available)
4. A microSD card reader/writer (commercially available)
5. External power supply (commercially available)
6. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)