Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in Firmware:
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following improvements and enhancements.
1. The option to capture movies in the frame rate of 23.98p has been added.
2. A new mode for Movie Servo AF has been added.
Autofocus characteristics for Movie Servo AF can be set to [Mode 1], [Mode 2] or [Disable].
• Mode 1 (newly added, with firmware version 1.1.0): This mode supports quick and responsive autofocus. Use this autofocus mode when you want the camera to be sensitive to tracking the subject, and for situations when the photographer is moving (such as shooting while walking).
• Mode 2 (current, with firmware version 1.0.2 or prior): This mode supports smooth and natural autofocus when shooting movies. Use this mode when shooting landscapes or subjects with little or no movement.
Please note: “If you prefer the previous AF characteristics, please select Mode 2 after the firmware update.”
3. Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability. (addressed in Ver. 1.0.2)
4. Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update. (addressed in Ver. 1.0.2)
This firmware update is for camera equipped with older firmware version. If the camera firmware is already the latest version (Version 1.1.0), firmware update is unnecessary.
Users manual in the WEB is updated accordingly. Please download the manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official WEB site.
Preparations for the firmware update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware PSG5X2_110.FIR / file size: 29,421,648bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.