Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 incorporates the following enhancement and improvement:
1. Adds [Custom Picture] modes that enables detailed image settings.
2. Adds [EOS Standard] and [Production Camera] color matrix presets to custom picture modes.
3. Expand assignable features to assign buttons.
4. Improves autofocus accuracy when zooming.
– Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update
– Firmware version 18.104.22.168 is for updating XA55/XA50 cameras running firmware version 22.214.171.124. If your camera's firmware is already version 126.96.36.199, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version
– Do not [Transfer Data/CP] data between different firmware. Transferred settings may not operate normally.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the SD card that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VPB1.FIM / file size: 17,760,284 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An XA55 or XA50 camcorder
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.15)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512 MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)