Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 incorporates the following fix and enhancements:
1. Fixes a malfunction that may cause the camcorder to freeze when performing certain operations.
Note: The freezing occurs when the settings created on a camcorder equipped with Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 is imported into a camcorder equipped with Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 includes the same functions and functional improvements added in version 22.214.171.124. The functions and functional improvements added in version 126.96.36.199 are listed below:
1. The XF-AVC recording modes has been added.
[4K UHD] 3840×2160 29.97P/23.98P/25P
[FHD] 1920×1080 120P/100P/59.94i/50i
2. The MP4 recording modes has been added.
[FHD] 1920×1080 59.94P/29.97p/23.98P/50P/25P
[720P] 1280×720 59.94P
3. High Dynamic Range (HLG, PQ) has now been added to the recording mode [XF-HEVC] 1920 x 1080 120P/100P.
4. The Browser Remote feature via Ethernet connections has been added.
5. The ability to update the SDI/HDMI output from 59.94P to 29.97P (or 23.98P) has been added.¹
6. 1280 x 720/59.94P resolution has been added to MP4 recording mode.¹
7. Additional [CH1+CH3 / CH2+CH4] AUDIO monitor channel combinations has been added.¹
8. Enhanced audio controls using CH1 and CH2 dials. ¹
9. Image quality has been improved when using the [Digital Zoom] [Advanced 30X] mode.
¹ For more details on this and other enhancements included in this Firmware Update, please access the most recent version of the User Guide.
– Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update
– Firmware version 188.8.131.52 is for updating XF705 cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 If your camera's firmware is already version 18.104.22.168, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version
– Please refrain from importing settings data created on a camcorder running firmware version 22.214.171.124 to a camcorder running firmware version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 as this may affect the operations of the camcorder.
– Do not [Transfer Data/CP] data between different firmware. Transferred settings may not operate normally.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the SD card that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VOA4.FIM / file size: 58,408,736bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An XF705 camcorder
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.15)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512 MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
• XF705 Firmware Download Link