Thank you for using Canon products.
We have determined that a recording error may occur with the XF405 / XF400
. The details of the phenomenon and support plan are described below.
Preparations are underway to incorporate improvements/revisions for the phenomenon into the latest Firmware for the XF405 / XF400. Once this Firmware is available for download, we will make an announcement on our website.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to customers, and we ask for your ongoing patience.
For Phenomenon 1:
- Image quality degradation, such as colour misalignment or edge distortion, may occur in the recorded footage when using the following combination of settings:
• recording format XF-AVC
• frame rate 50.00i (59.94i)
• 1920x1080 resolution
- Depending on usage conditions, a white balance error may occur when using Auto mode or a Special Scene mode* (*Portrait/Sports/Night Scene/Snow/Low Light/Spotlight).
Users should use a configuration that does not include the settings listed above, although we acknowledge that this may not be possible for all users.
Note: This Phenomenon only affects internally recorded footage. Output signals from the output terminals are not affected.
For Phenomenon 2:
Perform the following sequence:
- Set the white balance setting to [AWB] in any of the P/Tv/Av/M modes.
- Select Auto mode or a Special Scene mode of your preference after having made the setting above (if needed).
Phenomenon 1: XF405 / XF400 Camcorders equipped with Firmware Version 126.96.36.199
Phenomenon 2: XF405 / XF400 Camcorders equipped with Firmware Versions 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 has been removed from Canon’s Web site.
The new firmware is scheduled to be released in mid-June 2018.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Australia: 1313 83
Canon New Zealand: 0800 222 666