TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Participation in this Canon Australia 12 Days of Christmas Email Competition (Competition) is deemed acceptance of these Terms. Information and instructions on how to participate form part of these Terms.
2. The Competition Period starts on 8:00am, Sunday 1st December 2019 at the time Canon Australia emails of the giveaway’s details from their In-Focus email and closes 11.59PM AEST Thursday 12th December 2019 AEST.
3. The Competition is open to individual Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are not employees, or immediate family members of employees, of the Promoter or its related companies (Participants).
How to Enter
4. Canon Australia will post on its Facebook (www.facebook.com/CanonAustralia) and Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/CanonAustralia/) on 15th November 2019 advertising that Canon Australia will be running the Competition.
5. To enter the Competition, Participants must:
a. follow the link on the Facebook and Instagram posts;
b. subscribe to Canon’s newsletter; and
c. After subscribing to the Canon Newsletter, participants will receive a question. Participants must answer the required question for each individual giveaway that will be emailed to the participants at 8:00am, every day day commencing on 1st December 2019. Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm on the day the question is released. (Entry).
6. Only completion of all the steps in clause 5 above will constitute a valid Entry.
7. Participants can enter more than one giveaway.
8. One entry per email address, per giveaway only.
9. The last question will be sent on the 12th December 2019.
10. Entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to take down and exclude from the judging any Entry which the Promoter considers breaches Canon Australia’s guidelines.
11. Judging will be carried out by Canon’s Content Marketing Manager. Judging will be based on creativity and the entry that is the most inspiring answer to the question.
12. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be given if the Entry is unsuccessful.
13. No responsibility is accepted for any Entry that is late, lost or misdirected or if the Winner does not claim their Prize in accordance with these terms.
14. The Prize is one (ONLY) of the twelve items listed in the table below;
|1st December||Question 1||$500 Canon Store Voucher|
|2nd December||Question 2||Inspic S Instant Camera|
|3rd December||Question 3||One on one photography workshop with a Canon Collective Ambassador in the following participating capital cities (Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth) at a mutually available date/time. Valid for six months only commencing February 1st 2020. Canon Australia is not responsible for prize winner’s travel and expenses.|
|4th December||Question 4||G7X Mark III|
|5th December||Question 5||$250 Canon Store Voucher|
|6th December||Question 6||f-stop Dyota Bag|
|7th December||Question 7||$250 PhotoPico Voucher|
|8th December||Question 8||Inspic C Instant Camera|
|9th December||Question 9||A2 Print of your image created by SUNSTUDIOS. The image must be your own.|
|10th December||Question 10||One of two one year Adobe subscriptions: Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps Plan subscription plus a Creative Cloud Photography plan|
|11th December||Question 11||Selphy CP1300 Printer|
|12th December||Question 12||200D Mark II|
15. The Winner cannot exchange their prize for cash or a gift voucher.
16. There will only be one Prize winner per question.
Claiming the Prize
17. Each winner per giveaway will be notified by the email address provided to Canon at the time of entry the day after the giveaway is announced (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th December 2019). The Winner may be required to provide personal information (such as a home address or email address) in order to claim the Prize.
18. The Winner must respond to the email to claim the prize.
19. If the Winner does not claim the Prize by the time specified in the email, or if a Winner cannot be contacted, or cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility, or compliance with these Terms, they will forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate Winner will be chosen
20. The Prize, or any unused portion of a Prize is not exchangeable or transferrable.
Participant’s Warranties and Indemnity
21. Each Participant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. they have complied with the Entry requirements;
b. no Entry submitted by them will contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
c. they have and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
22. Each Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims in connection with a failure by them to comply with these Terms.
23. Each Participant agrees that they are fully responsible for each Entry they submit, and is fully responsible for any equipment, materials, licences or other costs required for or associated with each such Entry. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability or any costs borne by the Participant in submitting their Entry.
24. This Competition is in no way endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Facebook or Instagram. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Instagram against all costs and claims arising in connection with a failure by them to comply with these Terms, or otherwise arising in connection with this Competition.
Conditions that may Invalidate Entries, Participants or the Competition
25. The Promoter reserves the right to reject, disqualify, remove or moderate any Entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, does not fit the criteria set out in these Terms.
26. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms.
28. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Collection of Personal Information
30. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Competition including (but not limited to) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Participant; or (g) use of the Prize.
32. All money amounts in these Terms are in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST.
33. If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
34. These Terms are governed by the laws in New South Wales. All Participants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
35. The Promoter is Canon Australia Pty Ltd of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road Macquarie Park NSW 2113 (ABN 66 005 002 951) Ph: 13 13 83 (Promoter).