17 August 2020
It’s with great regret that we announce that the Canon Collective program will discontinue in its current format.
As you can appreciate, the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic has made running our Canon Collective events incredibly difficult. This has in turn affected the long-term viability and sustainability of the events program. As a result, Canon will discontinue Collective events, with key dates for each state below:
• Victoria: All activities have ceased in adherence with current Victorian restrictions
• Western Australia: All activities have ceased due to current State border closures
• ACT, Tasmania, Northern Territory: All activities will cease immediately
• South Australia: All activities will cease by 30 August 2020
• New South Wales: All activities will cease by 31 October 2020
• Queensland: All activities will cease by 31 October 2020
• International: All activities will cease immediately
We’ll be contacting ticketholders to arrange refunds for affected events. Those with tickets for our partner tours and events will be contacted directly via the tour operator, who will advise of the options available.
Canon Australia will keep the Canon Collective Facebook Group open and we encourage you to use this space to continue collaborating and to take your photography to the next level. We’ll be phasing out the @canoncollectiveofficial Instagram channel by 31 October 2020.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
In the meantime, if you’re looking to stay up to date with the latest news, tips and tricks, and to get more out of your gear, we encourage you to follow Canon Australia on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, and to sign up to receive Canon’s InFocus newsletter.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support over the years. We're proud to have played a central role in helping you develop your photography skills. We look forward to staying connected and inspiring you in new ways, so watch this space.
For more information see our FAQs here.