Thank you for using Canon products.
This firmware update (Version 22.214.171.124 00) incorporates the following enhancements.
- Hybrid Log Gamma HDR ITU-R BT.2100 output has been added.
- Importation of 3D LUTs (.cube format) created within Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci ResolveTM software is now supported.
- Super16mm sized (2K crop) recording mode has been added.
- The following progressive frame rates, are now supported when using the B4 Mount Adapter MO-4E/MO-4P (sold separately)
- 59.94Hz: 59.94P, 29.97P, 23.98P
- 50.00Hz: 50P, 25P
- 24.00Hz: 24P
- New white balance colour temperature settings have been added.
- Slow & Fast mode icon will be displayed in red when in use.
- Slow and Fast mode frame rate selection have been simplified.
- Fixes a sound lag issue which may occur when [Scan Reverse Rec] is enabled.
- Peripheral illumination/chromatic aberration correction has been added for the following lenses:
- EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM
- EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM
DaVinci Resolve™ is the trademark of Blackmagic Design Pty Ltd.
Preparations for a firmware update:
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C700 cameras running firmware version 188.8.131.52.00-184.108.40.206.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 220.127.116.11.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For customers who are using the optional OU-700 Remote Operation Unit, the firmware of the camera and the OU-700 Remote Operation Unit have to be the same. After updating the camera firmware, connect the camera with the OU-700 to update the firmware of the OU-700 from the camera's system settings.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and Custom Picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera’s user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VMA4.FIM, File Size: 114,892,076bytes
) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
Firmware Download Link EOS C700 Firmware
- A Cinema EOS C700 camera body
- A computer (OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1 or Mac OS X (10.7-10.13).
- A 128 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
- An SD card reader-writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot on the computer.
- Fully charged V-mount battery (commercially available), 14.8 V DC (acceptable range: 12 V to 20 V DC)
- Power adapter (commercially available, DC IN 12V terminal): 4-pin XLR plug (female connector), 12 V DC (acceptable range: 11.5 V to 20 V DC), 10 A (acceptable maximum load current)
- The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)