Firmware Version 1.8.0 incorporates the following enhancements:
1. Improves color balance when the RF 50mm F1.8 STM lens is attached to the EOS Ra camera.
2. Support has been added for the following lenses*:
• RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
• RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
* With Firmware Version 1.7.0 and later.
Firmware Version 1.8.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.7.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.8.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the EOS Ra is updated to Firmware Version 1.8.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.7.0).
Preparations for the firmware update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (EOSRA180.FIR / file size: xxxxxx bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review the instructions to confirm your understanding of the firmware update procedures.