Thank you for using Canon products.
It has been confirmed that, in rare cases, the phenomenon described below may occur with the PowerShot SX740 HS Compact Digital Camera.
In rare cases, the image displayed on the LCD monitor is split into two horizontal sections. When this happens, the following phenomena may occur:
• Button operations do not respond.
• The lens does not retract.
• Err 60 or Err 70 appears.
• The LCD monitor does not display.
New firmware incorporated with fixes for this phenomenon is expected to be released in the near future.
In the interim, if the phenomenon occurs, follow these steps:
1. Remove and reinsert the battery, then set mode dial to P mode.
2. Press the Playback button to start the camera.
3. Under [Reset camera], choose [Basic settings]*.
*Except for certain settings, the camera will be restored to the default state after reset. For details, please see the user manual.