PowerShot G5 X Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.1.0 [Mac OS X]
Content Id: 0400537802
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. The option to capture movies in the frame rate of 23.98p has been added. 2. A new mode for Movie Servo AF has been added. Autofocus characteristics for Movie Servo AF can be set to [Mode 1], [Mode 2] or [Disable]. ●Mode 1 (newly added, with firmware version 1.1.0): This mode supports quick and responsive autofocus. Use this autofocus mode when you want the camera to be sensitive to tracking the subject, and for situations when the photographer is moving (such as shooting while walking). ●Mode 2 (current, with firmware version 1.0.2 or prior): This mode supports smooth and natural autofocus when shooting movies. Use this mode when shooting landscapes or subjects with little or no movement. Please note: "If you prefer the previous AF characteristics, please select Mode 2 after the firmware update." 3. Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability.(addressed in Ver.1.0.2) 4. Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.(addressed in Ver.1.0.2)
This firmware update is for camera equipped with older firmware version. If the camera firmware is already the latest version (Version 1.1.0), firmware update is unnecessary. Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
Notes: Users manual in the WEB is updated accordingly. Please download the manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official WEB site.
Q&A Section: Preparations for a firmware update: After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file: The downloaded folder is automatically extracted, and a firmware folder is created. If the download folder cannot be automatically extracted, double-click the folder. Preparations for the firmware update: In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (File name: PSG5X2_110.FIR / File size: 29,421,648 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates) Firmware Version 1.1.0 is the first update to be released.
File Name : psg5xm2-v110-mac.dmg File Type : FA File Size : 34582067KB
Canon Driver Downloads is for the support of Canon Products SOLD IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY. It includes drivers and demonstration software for Canon brand printers, scanners, cameras and other Canon products.
DISCLAIMER: CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
Export: Some of the software is subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and anyone receiving the software cannot export the software without a license or other authorisation of the U.S. Canon will not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature incurred as a result of this prohibition.
Applicable software includes;
- Software using OS created by US companies
- Driver software (printer driver, fax driver),
- Utility software (Network ScanGear),
- Application software (imageWARE products),
- Support tool (SST, NAVI, etc)
- Firmware of the device (main body)
and any further software that may from time to time be added to this list.