EOS-1D X Mark III Firmware Update, Version 1.2.1 [Mac OS X]
Content Id: 0400614502
Firmware Version 1.2.1 incorporates the following fix:
1. Fixes a phenomenon, in which, after updating the camera’s firmware to version 1.2.0, the Smart Controller may respond slowly or not at all on some cameras. *) *) The phenomenon described above may occur in cameras whose first two digits of the serial number are "01" "02" "03" or "04".
Firmware Version 1.2.1 also incorporates the following fixes and enhancements from Firmware Version 1.2.0:
1. Enhancements when using Browser Remote: - The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser. - On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate. - On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode. - On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button. 2. Enhances Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances. 3. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur during viewfinder shooting, in which the shutter may not be released or the camera may not operate in the following settings: - In One-Shot AF mode, when the AF Area Selection Mode is set as Zone AF, Large Zone AF or Automatic Selection AF. - In AI Servo AF, when direct AF point selection is made using the smart controller. - When the Register/Recall Shooting Function is assigned to the AE Lock button, in the Custom Controls. 4. Connectivity during FTP transmission, has been improved. 5. Improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E9. 6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.2.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.1, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.
Notes: In accordance to the functional improvements of Firmware Version 1.2.0, the user’s manual will be revised. Please download the user’s manual together with the new firmware. The latest version of the user’s manual can be downloaded from the Canon Web site.
Q&A: Preparations for a firmware update: After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file: The downloaded folder is automatically extracted, and a firmware folder is created. If the download folder cannot be automatically extracted, double-click the folder.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware ( 1DX30121.FIR / file size: 81,205,840 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.2.1? A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
(Previous) Version 1.1.0 improvements: 1. The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added. 2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN. 3. The "Browser Remote" function has been added. 4. The function to transfer only protected images has been added. 5. Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to "Show" in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button. 6. Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.
File Name : eos1dx3-v121-mac.dmg File Type : FA File Size : 86378822KB
Canon Driver Downloads is for the support of Canon Products SOLD IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY. It includes drivers and demonstration software for Canon brand printers, scanners, cameras and other Canon products.
DISCLAIMER: CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
Export: Some of the software is subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and anyone receiving the software cannot export the software without a license or other authorisation of the U.S. Canon will not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature incurred as a result of this prohibition.
Applicable software includes;
- Software using OS created by US companies
- Driver software (printer driver, fax driver),
- Utility software (Network ScanGear),
- Application software (imageWARE products),
- Support tool (SST, NAVI, etc)
- Firmware of the device (main body)
and any further software that may from time to time be added to this list.